Alamaze - New

Full Version: Detecting Invisible Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-12-2015, 02:30 AM)Madmardigan Wrote: [ -> ]What about artifacts like palantirs?  

Are they able to see invisible, ambushing or through masked groups?  

not currently
Right now they are like Raven Familiar with unlimited range.  Cost 0 gold.  Not so bad, but I think we will improve them in future editions.  For one, they will no longer be initially at a PC, so an encounter is required.   But I am thinking of making them either level 4 (detect masked) or level 7 (detect invisible), and also 25% or so likely to reveal the location of another Palantir that was used that turn.  Double edged sword. 
(03-12-2015, 03:11 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]Right now they are like Raven Familiar with unlimited range.  Cost 0 gold.  Not so bad, but I think we will improve them in future editions.  For one, they will no longer be initially at a PC, so an encounter is required.   But I am thinking of making them either level 4 (detect masked) or level 7 (detect invisible), and also 25% or so likely to reveal the location of another Palantir that was used that turn.  Double edged sword. 

That would be a great change.  

How about adding the ability to somehow detect invisible groups that end up in its hex as if it was sentient to some degree? 

You could even make it so palantirs are aligned to certain powers and gain bonuses that way.  
I would love to see a variety of palantirs with some being a lot better, or at least different, than others.

1. Reports basic details on all groups that end movement within 3 areas of it.
2. Constantly recons it's own area and a random neighboriong area without having to issue an order.
3. Enhances the chances of detecting characters moving into your pcs within the same region.
4. Detects whenever another kingdom recons the area it is located with palantirs, wizards, or agents. Might even give source of the recon.
5. Randomly recons three different areas on the map each turn.
6. Can only be used to recon for groups. You name the group and it recons that location.
7. Can be used to recon characters. You name the character and it recons their location.
8. Recons two random pcs in its region.
In the past if a invisible patrol had an artifact and there was a recon it would show the artifact. Is that still the case?
Pages: 1 2 3