Alamaze - New

Full Version: #300 - Experimental
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I call peace on this one.  Let's end it, because these discussions never end well otherwise.
(01-27-2015, 09:09 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]I call peace on this one.  Let's end it, because these discussions never end well otherwise.

true.

In other news, I continue to lose leaders to unusual encounters Smile.

Acererak

Question on this turn. Since the mighty Nomad caused the RD to drop I tried to divine pop centers related to him but the turn told me that:

"Order #750 Invalid kingdom RD. (750 SE 10 RD)"

I don't think should work this way, clearly I want to find whatever he had left in the Sands and take it since he quit the game. Also, his groups seem to have disappeared? I thought they were supposed to just default to entrenched?

Thanks!
(01-27-2015, 08:35 PM)unclemike Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2015, 07:45 PM)VballMichael Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='26432' dateline='1422385676']
(UN) Why would you say such a thing?
I have joined no alliance, have never spoken with the PA or the WA and only talked to the HA about pop centers in Runnimede.
The only thing I have ever done against you is defend myself when you came into Runnimede and attacked me.
Please don't cry wolf to the forum; there is no such alliance.
Your groups are in Runnimede wiping my pop centers when I never did anything to you; sorry, no sympathy here.

Well, all you have to do is look back at your previous turns in this game. You'll see that you voted against my issue on the council (turn 10), probably was the one that stole gold from me, took my city in 7 from me, and assassinated my guys since then, and now, you're saying that you didn't start anything Smile
[/quote]
I have to agree with VBall here.

While I have asked for his email and sought to work with him, the UN and I have shared nothing in this game....  But we could if Vball just reached out (like great targets for assassins  Rolleyes ).

The HA asked and I agreed to help him against the EVIL DE (as any NOBLE PA player should).  

Now the WA is involved?  Where did this come from?  
FYI, the high council issue failed last turn because there was a Nay vote that didn't show up on our kingdom reports. I voted no with order 400 then traded my seat with order 411. The kingdom reports are generated at the end of the turn so my kingdom didn't show up since the druid took my place on the council.

So the voting was accurate but I may need to enhance the section to also display kingdoms that left the council on the same turn that they voted, maybe, something like:

The High Council Voted As Follows:

Demon Princes   Nay (dismissed)
Druid                Abstain
Halfling             Abstain
Swampmen       Abstain (dismissed)
Underworld       Yea
Witchlord          Abstain

The Motion Failed.

So then we'll know how the vote was determined even though it may mean we'll see more than a maximum of five kingdoms under the council section.
(01-28-2015, 01:13 AM)Acererak Wrote: [ -> ]Question on this turn. Since the mighty Nomad caused the RD to drop I tried to divine pop centers related to him but the turn told me that:

"Order #750          Invalid kingdom RD. (750 SE   10 RD)"

I don't think should work this way, clearly I want to find whatever he had left in the Sands and take it since he quit the game. Also, his groups seem to have disappeared? I thought they were supposed to just default to entrenched?

Thanks!

The software is working correctly. Read this earlier post about dropped/eliminated kingdoms:

http://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/showt...1#pid25671

So if you want to find out where previously owned RD pc's were in your region (which are now neutral), you can hire a priestess to divine the cities/towns/villages in your region.

Acererak

(01-28-2015, 02:27 PM)unclemike Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2015, 01:13 AM)Acererak Wrote: [ -> ]Question on this turn. Since the mighty Nomad caused the RD to drop I tried to divine pop centers related to him but the turn told me that:

"Order #750          Invalid kingdom RD. (750 SE   10 RD)"

Thanks!

The software is working correctly. Read this earlier post about dropped/eliminated kingdoms:

http://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/showt...1#pid25671

So if you want to find out where previously owned RD pc's were in your region (which are now neutral), you can hire a priestess to divine the cities/towns/villages in your region.

Ok, gotcha.
(12-29-2014, 06:19 PM)unclemike Wrote: [ -> ]During lunch, I added support for dropped players so starting on turn 10, if you miss 3 consecutive turns by not submitting your orders, you're out of the game. The code treats dropped positions as eliminated kingdoms:

(at end of turn)
- kingdom's emissaries/agents/priestess are removed from play
- kingdom's groups are removed from play
- kingdom's pc's revert to neutral ownership
- kingdom's prisoners are released back to their respective kingdoms (any prisoners whose original kingdom was previously eliminated from play dissimilate back into the realm [removed from play])
- kingdom's membership on the high council is revoked
- kingdom's ally/enemy declarations revert to neutral
- kingdom's artifacts are destroyed (broadcast message to all kingdoms)
---------------
Forgot to mention, if you own any emissaries/agents from the dropped/eliminated kingdom as prisoners, you retain them as normally. However, if they are released (executed or rescued by another agent), they are removed from play thereafter.

This is outstanding! I can't wait to see this as part of the mainstream game.
Starting with turn 17, the new game engine will be using the official algorithms for group vs group battles as well as TAC/retreat values. The shield spell (and pwr-3 presence) is also now using the official version. Next week, I'll update the code for pc battles, encounters, and sea battles. I thought it would take a month to do this but with Cipher's help, it only took a few days. Ry Vor also supplied new pictures for some kingdoms so some of you may see those on your report as well.
I got a message about an increase in my Dwarf troops.  I reran my turn and did not notice a difference on my turn results.  Are these new food and gold costs in effect yet or next turn?  Just trying to see if the game is on the same production costs as the game order checker page.