Alamaze - New

Full Version: #300 - Experimental
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Outstanding stuff, Mike.
I would love to see one of the new turn results. If any of you trust me not to share with anyone (you should, as I am a paragon of integritySmile), I would be grateful for a peek. You have my word that it will go no further and I'll owe you one. Ded127@aol.com and thanks!
(01-19-2015, 08:13 PM)DuPont Wrote: [ -> ]Adam Ant is the Paladin king?

Hehe

Come get some Mike... The Paladins will show you what we do with skeletons..

And Jumpinfist, please do not keep us in suspense.  
What was that damn ugly, brute of a dwarf defending?  

And I agree with Dupont and most others when I say the turns look much improved.  
Something interesting I noticed on my Ipad the format looks very nice as i said early. when i got home and look on my PC I see the yuck Pink color DuPont was describing, something like a light shade of Pepto Bismo. I find the fonts easy to read and I do not have to zoom them in and out to make sure of Qs and Os.
ok Mad here you go. to bad my leaders are not as strong as my wizards. going in on a 2 leaders seem to fall a bit easy for how hard they are to get. Gold could have been better for a hard encounter. also still do not see any moral effect from the encounters. likely a good thing for this one Smile

Reconnaisance of unusual sighting in area LN by a patrol of the 2nd Witchlord:
Wizard Ry Vor (Power-7) offered his full magical potential to the patrol's efforts
knowing no harm will come from being a lich. Wizard Darco (Power-5) offered only a portion
of his magic to the patrol's efforts as he decided to cast a guarded attack spell and
protect himself from the unknown. Wizard Grolig (Power-5) decided to stay behind in camp
and will not be a factor in assisting the patrol. A patrol consisting of Marshal I
Belinis, General I Stohand, Captain I Hellswind, Power-7 Wizard Ry Vor, Power-5 Wizard
Darco and a dozen hand-picked troops rode ahead to investigate the sighting. It had been
decided that the patrol would persevere even if difficulty was encountered, but would
withdraw if the situation grew very perilous. The path is worn smooth, reflecting frequent
usage at some time, yet now moss and other vegetation has grown up as visual proof that
this passage carries little current traffic. A secluded vault with bizarre engravings,
here they encounter a huge dwarf dressed in full armor guarding his treasure chest. With a
quickness that belies his girth and a mighty bellow the dwarf lunges into the midst of the
patrol toppling several of the soldiers. Within a few seconds 6 soldiers died at the hand
of this evil opponent. Now the patrol's leaders fought with their full abilities. The
conflict was furious. The huge dwarf proved to be a very formidable opponent. The contest
raged on, its outcome in doubt. Waving in the wind, the Standard of Valor bolstered the
Witchlord patrol with hope. Witchlord leader Marshal I Belinis was slain in battle.
Witchlord leader General I Stohand was slain in battle. A new leader, Captain Chankana has
emerged as a courageous leader of much promise. The battle raged on, furiously contested
for what seemed like hours. The next few minutes saw 2 soldiers lose their lives, but the
enemy had been weakened. When the battle took a turn for the worst, Wizard Ry Vor stepped
up and employed his magic to distract the foe long enough for the patrol to regain their
ground. Captain Hellswind demonstrated uncommon valor through out the fray. Wizard Darco
cast his magic that severely hampered the foe. Wielding a great axe more blood was let
from the side of the patrol. The next few minutes saw 7 warriors perish. hope ran high,
though, as the foe was weakened. Finally the huge dwarf had been slain. The valiant patrol
was victorius. Upon exploring the area further, the patrol finds secreted in a false
floor, a black chest which contains the fabled Crown of Anzu! The Crown of Anzu while in
your ruler's possession will increase your kingdom's influence by 2 levels. Also found are
valuable objects worth 1,000 gold.
(01-20-2015, 04:24 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]Something interesting I noticed on my Ipad the format looks very nice as i said early.  when i got home and look on my PC I see the yuck Pink color DuPont was describing, something like a light shade of Pepto Bismo.  I find the fonts easy to read and I do not have to zoom them in and out to make sure of Qs and Os.

If there's a difference between your iPad and home PC then it could be your PC's color settings. Check your graphics card if it is set to True Color (32 bit) or the highest setting possible. Some monitors/graphics cards also allow you to fine tune your color temperature (for warmer or colder colors). Look under color management or advanced settings for your monitor as well which may be the problem. Sorry I can't be of more help than that but the parchment background is actually a light tan/brown color, not pink.
------------------------
If that doesn't work and you still don't like the background then you can disable it if you wish. Edit your kingdom report HTML file in Notepad and remove the following:

background="http://fallofromegame.com/alamazeorders/images/parchment.jpg"

After your edit, the body bracket should only have:
<body text="#400000">

You'll have a white background instead of the parchment color.
Some of you have shared your latest turn results with me and I am impressed! Some of my initial observations:

- The crisp new look with lower and upper case, clear dividers, and clear results make this much easier to read. I found myself actually reading and enjoying the battle reports.

- I like the parchment background. I like it even more knowing that I can disable it if I decide to print my results again.

- The coolest single thing for me is the random cities! 0-3 cities in a region and they have to be discovered. This is sweet!!

- If I understood correctly, turns will automatically run after the due date. This is awesome, especially since the system will send a reminder.

- When you hire an agent, it is report under the category 'Tavern' under the 'Political Events and Status of the Realm' report. I like that very much.

- When you recon an unusual sighting, it gives you an idea of how difficult it will be to search. I think I like that, but we'll see.

- When you divine then location of an artifact, it tells you who controls it and where it is, but not the kingdom. I really do like that. Anything that makes obtaining artifacts more of an adventure is good for me!

I can't wait to play on the new engine. Uncle Mike has done a fantastic job!
I used Paint to remove the cities from this map. The job isn't perfect, but it will do until an official version can come out.

If you are using Power Point, you can replace the map you are using now without having to redo the icons.

1. Delete the map background.
2. Paste in new map background.
3. 'Send to Back' the new background.

No more cities!

I included an icon for cities as well.
(01-20-2015, 07:53 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: [ -> ]I used Paint to remove the cities from this map. The job isn't perfect, but it will do until an official version can come out.

If you are using Power Point, you can replace the map you are using now without having to redo the icons.

1. Delete the map background.
2. Paste in new map background.
3. 'Send to Back' the new background.

No more cities!

I included an icon for cities as well.

Wanted this city-less map for a while. Looks nice....thanx !!!
Nice touch, Lord Diamond.  Looks clean for this variant.

Agree with Mike, the color is a light brown, not pink.  I think it is a major step forward in the presentation of results, including the sentence case, the separation between sections with attractive headings, and the spell lists just having one heading per power level.  Very nice.