Alamaze & Fall of Rome Forum

Full Version: Order 171 Diplomacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I didn't want to put this in the development folder, so here it is.

You talked about tolerant and suspicious regional reactions and how they needed a 2:1 or 3:1 with a wizard, but what about in a friendly region? Will this be a 3:2 (or 1.5:1), or will it be, with a P4 or so, a 1:1 ratio? This would be most helpful.

And, in another note, what about 170 orders in a friendly region as well?
(10-11-2014, 09:09 PM)Bash Grimtooth Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't want to put this in the development folder, so here it is.

You talked about tolerant and suspicious regional reactions and how they needed a 2:1 or 3:1 with a wizard, but what about in a friendly region? Will this be a 3:2 (or 1.5:1), or will it be, with a P4 or so, a 1:1 ratio? This would be most helpful.

And, in another note, what about 170 orders in a friendly region as well?

I think it was intentionally kept secret but it would be nice to know if anyone figures it out.
I am curious if the 1:1 ratio is hard coded. So even a P8 in friendly needs 1:1. I can destroy that city but can not talk you into joining us even if you like us.
Having just deleted about 130 spam messages, I saw this. I'm actually not wanting it to be secret, I thought I had posted most of the particulars before. Its difficult to spell it all out as it is in both Excel and Word and both files contain other data.

Just add 0.5 to regional reaction with Friendly = 1 and Hostile = 4. So base group strength must be 1.5 to PC defense in a Friendly region. Must have a General +, a Warlord provides a 25% bonus. Cannot do in a region controlled by an enemy that is Friendly in region.

For Diplomacy spell, a wizard adds 0.2 per level. So normally a group might require about 3 to 1 in a Tolerant region. With a P4, it would be 2.2 to 1.

Again, it was never the intention that battles would be avoided as a common tactic by issuing Parlay or Diplomacy. That's what nobles (emissaries) are for.
So then JumpingFists P8 in a friendly region would be able to use any size group, correct?

1.5 - (.2)(8) = -.1
(10-17-2014, 06:17 PM)kevindusi Wrote: [ -> ]So then JumpingFists P8 in a friendly region would be able to use any size group, correct?

1.5 - (.2)(8) = -.1

The wizards are a modifier off the group strength, so it could not be a patrol where value vs. PC is 0. But yes, a P8 in a friendly with a brigade could still pull it off, and no, its not hard coded to stop success if less than 1 to 1. I'm just trying to give some rules of thumb for how it is now.
(10-17-2014, 07:34 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2014, 06:17 PM)kevindusi Wrote: [ -> ]So then JumpingFists P8 in a friendly region would be able to use any size group, correct?

1.5 - (.2)(8) = -.1

The wizards are a modifier off the group strength, so it could not be a patrol where value vs. PC is 0. But yes, a P8 in a friendly with a brigade could still pull it off, and no, its not hard coded to stop success if less than 1 to 1. I'm just trying to give some rules of thumb for how it is now.

Thanks for the clarification this all helped a lot.
There was a minimum % of PC defense that had to be in the group, introduced around 2007. I believe this is still in the code, something like 15-20% minimum.
So you'd have to have maybe 2k group strength to 171 a 10,000 def PC regardless of power level.

1.5 - (.2)(8) = -.1

This for uncontrolled/Friendly/non-city
(10-17-2014, 04:30 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]Having just deleted about 130 spam messages, I saw this. I'm actually not wanting it to be secret, I thought I had posted most of the particulars before. Its difficult to spell it all out as it is in both Excel and Word and both files contain other data.

Just add 0.5 to regional reaction with Friendly = 1 and Hostile = 4. So base group strength must be 1.5 to PC defense in a Friendly region. Must have a General +, a Warlord provides a 25% bonus. Cannot do in a region controlled by an enemy that is Friendly in region.

For Diplomacy spell, a wizard adds 0.2 per level. So normally a group might require about 3 to 1 in a Tolerant region. With a P4, it would be 2.2 to 1.

Again, it was never the intention that battles would be avoided as a common tactic by issuing Parlay or Diplomacy. That's what nobles (emissaries) are for.

Thanks Ry vor...not sure I totally got the regional reaction piece.

If I assume Friendly =1 and Hostile = 4,
wouldn't that make Tolerant 2 (not 3) and Suspicious 3?

Also, I would extrapolate from the rest of your comment that:

Friendly 1.5
Tolerant 2.5
Suspicious 3.5
Hostile 4.5

Did I miss something?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5