Alamaze - New

Full Version: (AESR) Anonymous Exploratory Steel Rex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Count me in, Frost Lord
So far:

Frost Lord
JumpingFist
DuPont
enari
GAMBIT1965
Bash Grimtooth

This needs 6 more.
I have been entered into another game and I do not have an open slot right now. I need to remove my name from this queue.

1 JumpingFist
2 DuPont
3 enari
4 GAMBIT1965
5 Bash Grimtooth

Thanks for understanding.
FL
I'll join this game.

Are we listing 3 kingdoms we do NOT want or is it all random? I know we will be told the non-active kingdoms at the outset and I think this is a good idea.
I would rather pick three I do want. I keep feeling like I am getting the worst guys like my 4th not this guy. could be just choose what is important to you. not these guys or one of these guys.
I would MUCH prefer that too.
There was another thread on which kingdoms you don't want to see leave in 4th Scenario or 3rd Cycle and which you do. Obviously we think all the kingdoms are our babies and we don't want to lose any of them, but if we go from 15 to 12 kingdoms and introduce at least 3 new, that means 6 kingdoms go. Its odd some kingdoms are not favorites but when we pump them like with the High Elves, we get some complaints about that too.
I haven't played enough to really have any problem with any kingdom. My kingdom preferences would be more personal than general.

I wonder, are wizard kingdoms having a hard time in ANON games? They all died like flies in my only ANON game and I can see how it would make the early game tough.
I am on record numerous times in multiple threads about not liking the anonymous games, but the players certainly seem to. I'm not changing the game to accommodate the absence of factors in anonymous that matter in full diplomacy games. That said, the more nuanced kingdoms don't seem to be favored in anonymous games.

I still think the problem is one that hasn't been solved in any PBM since inception which is how to stop the 3v1. At least we have a forum to discuss that and a not elegant solution is some oft-times allies are revealed in discussion there. I also know some of the favorite games by players are those where there is active diplomacy and its more like 3v3 or 4v4, which seem more fulfilling than anonymous. So I'm going to put my widdle bwain to solving that problem, maybe for 3rd Cycle - too much for 4th Scenario.
(09-27-2014, 05:13 PM)Drogo Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't played enough to really have any problem with any kingdom. My kingdom preferences would be more personal than general.

I wonder, are wizard kingdoms having a hard time in ANON games? They all died like flies in my only ANON game and I can see how it would make the early game tough.

A mage kingdom if allowed to build can come from nowhere turn 15 or 20 and win in short order. The trick is the right amount of expansion and staying out of others sites. When a mage has a fleet of p6s and p7s they are hard to stop.

(09-27-2014, 05:08 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]There was another thread on which kingdoms you don't want to see leave in 4th Scenario or 3rd Cycle and which you do. Obviously we think all the kingdoms are our babies and we don't want to lose any of them, but if we go from 15 to 12 kingdoms and introduce at least 3 new, that means 6 kingdoms go. Its odd some kingdoms are not favorites but when we pump them like with the High Elves, we get some complaints about that too.

Why do kingdoms have to go? Can't we just have more choices of how our game starts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9