Alamaze - New

Full Version: What do you want to see in Valhalla?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Players,

Assume that anything is possible. What would you like to see regarding Valhalla, player reports, player stats, game stats, scores, ranking, etc..???

Do you want to see actual stats on your performance? What if you aren't doing so well? Would statistical reminders make you less likely to play more games? More likely?

Does keeping score rev up your competitive juices? Or does it make the game less fun for you?

If status points and podium finishes aren't your thing, what would make the game more enjoyable for you? What would make the game less enjoyable?
Hi LD,

Before I resigned my position as the Gnome in #132, I had my last PC. I had six wizards ranging from P3 through P5, and I beefed up production so that the supplies value was over 35,000 and the gold production was over 60,000. I think that that is a record.
I like lots of stats myself. Let's me look at different areas to improve or perhaps challenge. If I play lots of games total points would be something I could shoot for. Maybe a player that only plays one or two games at a time would like to shoot for a podium percentage or max point in one game. The trick is more stats more work. Valhalla has always been something I liked in Alamaze and would really like it to continue. I also like the citizenship stuff as well.

Some stat categories I think would be nice but may be to much work unless it could kept up with.
Total points,
times finishing 1st
2nd
3rd
total podium finishes
Winning % (podium finishes/ games played).
Complete game % (games active on last turn/games played)
Highest points in a single game.
Average points per game.
(07-08-2014, 08:00 PM)Bash Grimtooth Wrote: [ -> ]Hi LD,

Before I resigned my position as the Gnome in #132, I had my last PC. I had six wizards ranging from P3 through P5, and I beefed up production so that the supplies value was over 35,000 and the gold production was over 60,000. I think that that is a record.

132 you say! Hmm yummy. And here I thought my water capital in the same game with 65k+ defense and 35k+ gold was looking nice. I have been busy raising my 10 wizards levels to work on the town much more than that.
The first and most important step is that it be keep reasonably up to date. People enjoy accolades and some people like to keep score Smile
(07-08-2014, 11:24 PM)Drogo Wrote: [ -> ]The first and most important step is that it be keep reasonably up to date. People enjoy accolades and some people like to keep score Smile

This, every quarter is a bit to long.

I would like to see it updated after each finished game.
(07-08-2014, 11:46 PM)The Usurper Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2014, 11:24 PM)Drogo Wrote: [ -> ]The first and most important step is that it be keep reasonably up to date. People enjoy accolades and some people like to keep score Smile

This, every quarter is a bit to long.

I would like to see it updated after each finished game.

After each game would be the best way to stay on top of it. But posting once a month of quarter is fine with me. Valhalla is a long term kind of thing so a few times a week or a month is not really needed I think.
(07-08-2014, 07:15 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: [ -> ]Players,

Assume that anything is possible. What would you like to see regarding Valhalla, player reports, player stats, game stats, scores, ranking, etc..???

Do you want to see actual stats on your performance? What if you aren't doing so well? Would statistical reminders make you less likely to play more games? More likely?

Does keeping score rev up your competitive juices? Or does it make the game less fun for you?

If status points and podium finishes aren't your thing, what would make the game more enjoyable for you? What would make the game less enjoyable?

I think everything that can be measured, within reason, should be. I know I get joy from a lot of the 'non-victory' things, and I'm sure that I'm probably not alone.

For example:
Highest pc gold production
Highest pc food production
Highest pc defense
Highest group combat value
Most artifacts
Highest combined level of wizards

Stuff like that, to me, is a lot of fun. You might get your butt kicked, but it's going to be a while before anyone beats your 55k food production.

Other stuff like # of wins, etc. is likely important also. Smile
Agree totally. Maybe we can send you some of those accomplishments we think might be "best" and you can publish the ones that really are the highest gold, or food, or defense, or army size, or number of artifacts or prisoners, etc....
And I like percentage of wins and podium finishes to games played, since even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.
Thanks, everyone. Cipher is working on getting the details for all the games, so I won't need anything from you. I have taken note of everything here and most of it is easy to do.

I also agree that it should be updated with every game finish or close thereof. We are working on sonething that is sustainable and very easy to update.

Stay tuned!
Pages: 1 2 3