Alamaze & Fall of Rome Forum

Full Version: Spell Lists Survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What changes to kingdom spell lists do you think make sense in the concept?

What spells overall, for all kingdoms should be dropped? What has to be added? Changed?

What is the one thing you would want to change about the Alamaze magic system - spells, power levels, research costs, unusual sightings.

BTW, its perfectly fine to say things magical in Alamaze are good, and if so, what things you think are better than in "competing" games.

Keep in mind, spells are not for a single kingdom. An ability might be, but spells should not. What is it about that Wraith spell, anyway? Perhaps that gets opened up a bit in 3rd Cycle.
I would love to see the spell lists be for characters instead of races. For example, everyone's Shaman would have the same spell lists. A kingdom might have two Shamans and two War Wizards to start with, for example. Just an idea, although I know it isn't a new one.
(04-13-2014, 09:24 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to see the spell lists be for characters instead of races. For example, everyone's Shaman would have th same spell lists. A kingdom might have two Shamans and two War Wizards to start with, for example. Just an idea, although I know it isn't a new one.

I like that too, but I think that has to wait until at least after 3rd Cycle.
(04-13-2014, 05:25 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: [ -> ]What changes to kingdom spell lists do you think make sense in the concept?

What spells overall, for all kingdoms should be dropped? What has to be added? Changed?

What is the one thing you would want to change about the Alamaze magic system - spells, power levels, research costs, unusual sightings.

BTW, its perfectly fine to say things magical in Alamaze are good, and if so, what things you think are better than in "competing" games.

Keep in mind, spells are not for a single kingdom. An ability might be, but spells should not. What is it about that Wraith spell, anyway? Perhaps that gets opened up a bit in 3rd Cycle.

Over all I think the magic system is very good. Adding some new spells would help keep the game fresh for veteran players.
I like the spell suggestions that Lord Diamond and Yellowbeard have previously posted.

As I stated earlier I would like to see a lesser version of summon death that killed 1-2 brigades and was available at a lower level.

RE: the current list- I think the GI has enough going for it that it does not need WARD or VALOR at level 1.

Valor is especially powerful for the GI compared to other kingdoms. It is very common to see GI players casting Valor multiple times early in the game.

With re: to WARD the GI already has some racial resistance to sleep.

Just my 2 cents.
I was thinking it makes a lot of sense to add a teleport emissary spell. We can teleport wizards, we can teleport brigades, divisions, armies, army groups. Feels like a power 3 spell to teleport an emissary anywhere in alamaze makes complete sense.
I've always wondered why GN gets ward at 2 and sleep at 3? I can't think of another kingdom that gets them at those levels.
Also would like to see some higher level spells (thinking power 6 and above) that are more powerful versions of the venerable hidden ore, fertile fields, strengthen walls. If a power 3 can increase gold by 2,500- then power 6 should be able to do it at 4 or 5K.
Also, several kingdoms can get to a Level 7 pretty easily, so the advantage of mage kingdoms going to 9 needs to mean something. But, the spells at 8 and 9 are not very helpful. And VBM took a mage to level 10 in game 121 and there is not even a spell there. If we really want the mage kingdoms to have 2-3 levels above other kingdoms, there need to be some spells (maybe in line with some of the above suggestions). Also, a level 10 mage throwing the biggest attack spell for damage (earthquake at 1100 per level plus whatever that does for Presence) could not even take out 2 surprised AN brigades with high attrition for VBM in Game 128 (recent post). Combat damage spells seem to stop at Level 5 (except the Waves of Death which does not require combat, so is not truly a combat spell).
(04-14-2014, 10:00 AM)kevindusi Wrote: [ -> ]I've always wondered why GN gets ward at 2 and sleep at 3? I can't think of another kingdom that gets them at those levels.

DW, TR share the 2/3. Both of them have more military than the GN however.
(04-14-2014, 01:15 PM)Hawk_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2014, 10:00 AM)kevindusi Wrote: [ -> ]I've always wondered why GN gets ward at 2 and sleep at 3? I can't think of another kingdom that gets them at those levels.

DW, TR share the 2/3. Both of them have more military than the GN however.

Thanks, Hawk. I'd say that GN should be either 2/2 or 1/3 to match the 'normal' guys, since it seems the two that are 2/3 are the ones that are very non-magical.
Pages: 1 2