Alamaze & Fall of Rome Forum

Full Version: Kalrex vs. the world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Kalrex would like to issue the following challenge:

"I'll make an open challenge to ANYBODY this same variant, including Cipher, and when some poor schmoe takes me up on it upgrade or whatever I need to do. Not Will or Thanatos though as they're occupied. I'll take on the winner of that match after I soundly defeat whoever..."

The variant he is referring to is a 6v6, where players take turns picking their sides.

Requires Victor level or better to make it happen, but that's a small incremental cost for the honor of sending Kalrex packing a la 102, 103, etc.
Still waiting....

Sent me "packing" in the context of... ?
This thread needs some mood music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymOOg8N8m0w
Crickets? Man!
Looks like I have a challenger. He wants me to pick 1st though and I prefer to pick second/third myself...

Is the formula Will/Thanatos used an equal (as possible) selection process?

I was trying to think of something else but 1, 2-3, 4-5, 6, 7, 8... seems skewed back to the 1st selector.

What about 1, 2-3, 4, 5, 6-7, 8, 9, 10? My feelings that whomever gets 2-3 selections has the advantage as there's not a clear #1 pick but there's a top group of picks...

What say you guys?
I would think it wouldn't matter, since likely whoever you play could pick the first six, assign you whatever 6 he/she wanted, and you could still only use half your orders each turn and undoubtedly destroy them by turn 5.
Or just alternate picks until both teams are filled...
Or just have each player rank all from 1-10 and alternate assigning them going down each list. With ties being broken by alternating who wins it. That way it is based on preference.

Does that make sense? I'm a bit tired.
(06-19-2013, 05:57 PM)Kalrex Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like I have a challenger. He wants me to pick 1st though and I prefer to pick second/third myself...

Is the formula Will/Thanatos used an equal (as possible) selection process?

I was trying to think of something else but 1, 2-3, 4-5, 6, 7, 8... seems skewed back to the 1st selector.

What about 1, 2-3, 4, 5, 6-7, 8, 9, 10? My feelings that whomever gets 2-3 selections has the advantage as there's not a clear #1 pick but there's a top group of picks...

What say you guys?

First Pick has all the advantages in a strictly alternating selection.

A large portion of that advantage is shifted to the Second Pick when he picks two consecutively. But First Pick retains the other advantages - i.e. selecting first terrain/geography, best (fill in the blank), and last selection of the four remaining kingdoms at the end. [There are still more, of course.]

Just be glad Ry Vor is allowing this option and PICK.....
Thanatos is just upset he got a bad dealSmile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6