Alamaze - New

Full Version: Order 235 Reorganize
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sancus, there's a section in the Military Group Status listing which says, "brigade type & no" which gives the info you're looking for.
(04-29-2013, 05:11 AM)Jumbie Wrote: [ -> ]Sancus, there's a section in the Military Group Status listing which says, "brigade type & no" which gives the info you're looking for.

I don't think that's whaty Sancus is looking for. He wants to know where it is specifically spelled out what the abbreviations for each brigade type are.
OK, but his later post seemed to be asking for the info I provided.

Quote:the turn reports do not indicate in the military group status section what each brigade is comprised of
LD answered my question.
(04-29-2013, 12:16 AM)Sancus Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody describe VE vs. RE? What does this mean spelled out?

Sancus

RE: Cannon Fodder
VE: Human Shield
(04-29-2013, 01:20 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 01:07 AM)Sancus Wrote: [ -> ]We did, but the turn reports do not indicate in the military group status section what each brigade is comprised of. I am still trying to verify where this data is gleaned. Just dense in DA land Smile.

If you haven't recruited, all your troops are DA. They have the same abbreviation as your kingdom.

Just to try to further clarify: in Fall of Rome brigades have different experience levels, such as Veteran, Elite, Legendary, however they don't in Alamaze. You have your Dark Elven brigades, and you can recruit a brigade of Recruits (the Recruits are not Dark Elven). In a following turn, you can train Recruits and that makes them Veterans.
Reading the command description again has me a little confused. It says that this order will "reduce a group's attrition factor (modified by the troop's strength to the whole group's) or eliminate a single brigade of troops"

I'm assuming that no one is eliminating a brigade for the heck of it, so if I understand correctly, this order eliminates a brigade and uses them to fill in the gaps of the remaining brigades and bring them up in strength? And you can actually use non-DA recruits to fill up the gaps in a DA brigade, but they will remain DA brigades?

The part in the brackets , "modified by the troop's strength to the whole group" is confusing to me. Is it saying that the modification is by the proportion of the eliminated group to the overall group, i.e. if one brigade from a group of 5 is eliminated, the attrition of the other four is modified by 25%?

Also, from what was said earlier, a brigade of RE getting absorbed into a group is just as effective as a brigade of VE?
As a follow up, in combat is the loss of a brigade decided by attrition? For instance, if I have a group of 2 brigades with 30% attrition and in battle the groups suffers 22% more attrition for a total of 52% then one brigade is eliminated leaving a single brigade with 4% attrition?
(05-03-2013, 04:49 PM)Jumbie Wrote: [ -> ]Reading the command description again has me a little confused. It says that this order will "reduce a group's attrition factor (modified by the troop's strength to the whole group's) or eliminate a single brigade of troops"

I'm assuming that no one is eliminating a brigade for the heck of it, so if I understand correctly, this order eliminates a brigade and uses them to fill in the gaps of the remaining brigades and bring them up in strength? And you can actually use non-DA recruits to fill up the gaps in a DA brigade, but they will remain DA brigades?

The part in the brackets , "modified by the troop's strength to the whole group" is confusing to me. Is it saying that the modification is by the proportion of the eliminated group to the overall group, i.e. if one brigade from a group of 5 is eliminated, the attrition of the other four is modified by 25%?

Also, from what was said earlier, a brigade of RE getting absorbed into a group is just as effective as a brigade of VE?

Having just done all of these things-

1. Yes the RE brigades become kingdom brigades of equal troop numbers (very good)

2. lets say you have 20% attrition in your army. You 235 a brigade that would be 2000 troops w/o attrition. There are really only 1600 there because of the attrition. Those 1600 reduce an equivalent % of losses. You now have effectively repaired your kingdom brigades and your troop consumption has decreased.

3. RE=VE for order 235
Pages: 1 2