Alamaze - New

Full Version: The Alamaze Forum and the Eternal Clash between Order and Chaos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over time, any forum can accumulate clutter and disorganization. One of the great challenges of providing a forum for the gaming public to make use of is that with the passage of time and as the forum experiences use, the forum can - and invariably will - become untidy. And if no one ever bothers to address it, it will continue to grow and grow, like The Blob in that old Steve McQueen movie.

New forum threads and new forum categories will come into existence, and old forum threads that were once favorites of the player community gradually fall into disfavor and disuse. It is imperative, therefore, that organization and reorganization not be one-time-only occurrences.

I have done some minor reorganizing of the forum index, tonight. Some individual forums had not been posted to in years - so I tried shifting them down the forum index to places of lower priority and importance. It is worth nothing that none of the changes that I made can't ever be shifted around and improved upon, again. If any of the changes made meet with particular dislike, then they can be changed to suit the preferences of others. It shouldn't take a lot of time or effort to gain familiarization with the new structure.

The 3rd Cycle and the 4th Cycle of Alamaze, The Choosing and Maelstrom, respectively, have multiple forums named in their honor, already. This begs that they be grouped and organized, together. The order of appearance of individual forums within each forum category can be changed, as needed and desired. The one former main ALAMAZE forum apparently just kept on getting added to, without offloading of less frequently used individual forums within that bloated monstrosity of a forum category having been an equal priority - which it really needs to be, in order to stave off disorganization for as long as possible.

Everything posted in the forum on any topic is a form of information. And trying to keep information organized is a full time job, in and of itself. This forum is no exception to that general rule.

Too many things will fall into disarray, if left to their own device. So, my apologies for any temporary inconvenience that my relatively modest reorganization of the forum index page may cause.
(01-22-2023, 04:27 AM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: [ -> ]Over time, any forum can accumulate clutter and disorganization. One of the great challenges of providing a forum for the gaming public to make use of is that with the passage of time and as the forum experiences use, the forum can - and invariably will - become untidy. And if no one ever bothers to address it, it will continue to grow and grow, like The Blob in that old Steve McQueen movie.

New forum threads and new forum categories will come into existence, and old forum threads that were once favorites of the player community gradually fall into disfavor and disuse. It is imperative, therefore, that organization and reorganization not be one-time-only occurrences.

I have done some minor reorganizing of the forum index, tonight. Some individual forums had not been posted to in years - so I tried shifting them down the forum index to places of lower priority and importance. It is worth nothing that none of the changes that I made can't ever be shifted around and improved upon, again. If any of the changes made meet with particular dislike, then they can be changed to suit the preferences of others. It shouldn't take a lot of time or effort to gain familiarization with the new structure.

The 3rd Cycle and the 4th Cycle of Alamaze, The Choosing and Maelstrom, respectively, have multiple forums named in their honor, already. This begs that they be grouped and organized, together. The order of appearance of individual forums within each forum category can be changed, as needed and desired. The one former main ALAMAZE forum apparently just kept on getting added to, without offloading of less frequently used individual forums within that bloated monstrosity of a forum category having been an equal priority - which it really needs to be, in order to stave off disorganization for as long as possible.

Everything posted in the forum on any topic is a form of information. And trying to keep information organized is a full time job, in and of itself. This forum is no exception to that general rule.

Too many things will fall into disarray, if left to their own device. So, my apologies for any temporary inconvenience that my relatively modest reorganization of the forum index page cause.

I see lots of nice changes in your cleanup.  Well done Max.