Alamaze - New

Full Version: New Warlords Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Netstrider and I are looking for 2 more to play in a new Warlords game.

Here are the rules:

1) Ally declarations, trades, and gifts are only allowed between your own three Kingdoms
2) No HC issues are allowed to help another player's Kingdoms
3) All HC issues must be by SECRET ballot, and if a player accidentally proposes an open ballot issue, all players must abstain on that vote (i.e., it fails)
4) No drops before T18 (i.e., orders issued through T18)
5) Notify everyone as soon as you decide to drop, rather than allowing the computer to do it
6) No sending messages to other players by using new character names
7) No Sea Patrols on T1
8) Anonymous (so nobody knows who is playing which kingdoms)
9) 7 regions to win

Draft Order
A: 1+5+12 (18)
B: 2+8+10 (20)
C: 3+6+11 (20)
D: 4+7+9 (20)
I'm your Huckleberry

can we have a ready button? 3 or 4 days. I plan to be much faster than that but just to be safe.
(03-13-2017, 06:52 PM)JonDoe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm your Huckleberry

can we have a ready button?  3 or 4 days.  I plan to be much faster than that but just to be safe.

Once we get our 4th, we can all discuss on 1/2x per week and/or the Ready Button.
Agreed, ready button please. Would love to get through the first several turns in rapid order.
(03-13-2017, 06:24 PM)IMPERIAL_TARK Wrote: [ -> ]Netstrider and I are looking for 2 more to play in a new Warlords game.

Here are the rules:

1) Ally declarations, trades, and gifts are only allowed between your own three Kingdoms
2) No HC issues are allowed to help another player's Kingdoms
3) All HC issues must be by SECRET ballot, and if a player accidentally proposes an open ballot issue, all players must abstain on that vote (i.e., it fails)
4) No drops before T18 (i.e., orders issued through T18)
5) Notify everyone as soon as you decide to drop, rather than allowing the computer to do it
6) No sending messages to other players by using new character names
7) No Sea Patrols on T1
8) Anonymous (so nobody knows who is playing which kingdoms)
9) 7 regions to win

Draft Order

Looks like you have three and one more likely soon.  But for the observers, many might feel the selection isn't balanced.  Why would A have the first pick in the first round and the first pick in the second round?  D gets the last pick in the first round and the third pick in the second round?  Even B compared to A:  2nd pick in first and last in 2nd to pick 2 higher in the third? 

What was the problem with a simple snake draft again?  So A would pick 1st and 8th and D would pick 4th and 5th. 

Again, if you guys are gung ho and just want to get going, that's fine, but other potential Warlords will doubtless wonder why a higher pick in the third round is worth picking later in rounds 1 and 2.
Just thinking on this a bit more, if you weighted the first round pick at 3x, the second round pick at 2x, and the third round at 1x, the points in this system above would be (lower points better):

A:  3 + 10 + 12 = 25
B:  6 + 16 + 10 = 32
C:  9 + 12 + 11 = 33
D: 12 +14 + 9  = 35

Unless there is a consensus that picks 11 and 12 suck, and so that would mean they are predictable last choices and I don't know what those would be myself, that's a lot of advantage to A in particular, and a big gap between A & B.  The A choice gets not only the first overall, but the first to pair that up in the second round.

If you stick with this, maybe offer your fourth player his choice of position (A-D).
Too bad we don't have a game creation website that takes care of all of these details AND automatically launches games.
Draft Order
This draft order came about after trail and error in figuring what others liked best. What ended up happening was the 1-4 picks did not much matter as there are many kingdoms of about the same overall strength. But the last 4 picks had a big impact on how players viewed what was the best selection. Pick 12 being the worst partly due to the nature of The Choosing perhaps more than the actual kingdoms left. Because by having the 12th pick you were forced into 1 region weather it was next to your other selections or not. So by going 1st and 5th it helps offset that also generally you can not just take any kingdom like the DU with your 1st pick or you will have your kingdoms separated due to the fact R2 and R4 and so popular.
In the past we also had rules that if you got your third choice of draft orders you would get to have your last picked kingdom with chivalry or if you got your 4th draft order pick meaning everyone wanted the same pick orders as you. You would then get 2 chivalry bonus kingdoms. Since we put this draft order into effect there had been very little need to get a chivalry bonus as the draft choices were close enough in value they seemed to be selected in different orders by the players.
(03-13-2017, 10:59 PM)Netstrider Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad we don't have a game creation website that takes care of all of these details AND automatically launches games.

Yeah, who has that for their multiplayer game?  Point me to the website.
(03-13-2017, 11:44 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]Draft Order
This draft order came about after trail and error in figuring what others liked best.  What ended up happening was the 1-4 picks did not much matter as there are many kingdoms of about the same overall strength.   But the last 4 picks had a big impact on how players viewed what was the best selection.  Pick 12 being the worst partly due to the nature of The Choosing perhaps more than the actual kingdoms left.  Because by having the 12th pick you were forced into 1 region weather it was next to your other selections or not.   So by going 1st and 5th it helps offset that also generally you can not just take any kingdom like the DU with your 1st pick or you will have your kingdoms separated due to the fact R2 and R4 and so popular.  
In the past we also had rules that if you got your third choice of draft orders you would get to have your last picked kingdom with chivalry or if you got your 4th draft order pick meaning everyone wanted the same pick orders as you.  You would then get 2 chivalry bonus kingdoms.  Since we put this draft order into effect there had been very little need to get a chivalry bonus as the draft choices were close enough in value they seemed to be selected in different orders by the players.

Well, if it was drafting where you knew what kingdoms were off the board and who had what, I could see that to an extent.  This is a blind draft so you don't know who has what.  Anyway, you three are fine with it, all I do is start it.  I would just say again, I would let the fourth to join choose his spot and if he doesn't pick A I will be surprised.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5