Alamaze - New

Full Version: 3rd Cycle Team Only Diplomacy - Ready Enabled?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Acererak

How about a 3rd cycle team game with 5 teams of 3. Communication only allowed between teammates, and which team plays what kingdoms not known. 

I was in a 2nd cycle game like this which was game 154. Lots of talk with your teammates, and intrigue as to which team is controlling what kingdoms, and what the team composition is.

I was part of a team of RD, RA and DE with Victor (DuPont) and Dusi. 

That was one of my favorite variants. First you form your teams, and then you have an anonymous draft. Each team takes one kingdom at a time and you go through the draft 3 times.

Not sure what that one was called but it sure was a blast.

Updated: I guess it might have to be 4 teams of 3 in 3rd cycle.
maybe you could make 1 player on each team a "newbie" Smile

Acererak

Chirp chirp. No one interested? We need some kind of sign up. What's next?
This is the signup for it.  Rules as stipulated above.  Chivalry, no top 10 players per Valhalla total status points on the same team.  4 teams: Red, Blue, White, Black.
Claim a color and get your teammates.
Put me with Red, Chivalry
(01-18-2017, 03:27 AM)Acererak Wrote: [ -> ]How about a 3rd cycle team game with 5 teams of 3. Communication only allowed between teammates, and which team plays what kingdoms not known. 

I was in a 2nd cycle game like this which was game 154. Lots of talk with your teammates, and intrigue as to which team is controlling what kingdoms, and what the team composition is.

I was part of a team of RD, RA and DE with Victor (DuPont) and Dusi. 

That was one of my favorite variants. First you form your teams, and then you have an anonymous draft. Each team takes one kingdom at a time and you go through the draft 3 times.

Not sure what that one was called but it sure was a blast.

Updated: I guess it might have to be 4 teams of 3 in 3rd cycle.

To clarify, I think we need to identify the teams, signing up by color.  But the drafted kingdoms will be unknown to other teams as is which player controls which kingdom.
Sorry for the potentially silly question.. but won't having a draft potentially tip at least some of the team makeups by virtue of which kingdoms are still available?
It could, but not necessarily.  If you pick second, and your first choice (you would submit two choices picking 2nd) was Necromancer and you don't get it, you know the team that picked first picked Necromancer. If you pick anything other than Necromancer, you have no idea which kingdom the team picking first selected.
You can even do each round this way. Everyone selects 4 remaining kingdoms in preference order each round. Then none actually know who is first or last unless you happen to not get one of your picks, but you still likely know nothing about the other teams.
All that said I think selecting one at a time from what is left is still the best method. Yes maybe one team knows what another team selected they do not know who is playing that team or what kingdoms the players are playing, if the draft is run correctly for an anon game.
OK. I'd like to join in.

I'll go on the BLUE team which is empty. (and I assume I should ask for Chivalry)
Pages: 1 2 3 4