Alamaze - New

Full Version: 2016 Alamaze Championship!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

gkmetty

This is supposed to be a championship game. You win on your own merits not by convincing your friends to let you win.
(12-17-2016, 12:32 AM)Acererak Wrote: [ -> ]Rick has stated before that full diplomacy is how the game is designed, so for a championship- why wouldn't that be how we play?

Forum only diplomacy anyone?

Would like to wait to pick until Jan changes are revealed in full in any case.

Just some thoughts. If Silent is preferred I am fine with it. Nerfs the UN/PI in my opinion though as you can not hire out your services.

There will be some setup changes, like add a brigade here or there, but nothing serious.   The other thing is Dispel Dome will be at least a power level earlier, a couple other things, but the major stuff will wait for the next edition tentatively called Maelstrom. 

So, kingdoms in the Championship will play as they did in 2016 except Dome of Invulnerability will come quicker to kingdoms and a couple other changes of that nature.  Hopefully anything unbalanced is corrected.  Again, my thing is all 24 kingdoms should be equally attractive.

gkmetty

Does this work for everyone? Rick can rearrange the team list below, I took the idea from JF, and rank them from 1 -12. We then post our team picks on the forum. Once all the teams are taken Rick can post his list. The player picking the team ranked 1st gets first pick of regions etc.

Duplicate team picks go to the first player to post on the forum.

If this is satisfactory I will take the last team remaining.

Patriots
Raiders
Cowboys
Chargers
Titans
Rams
49ers
Packers
Bills
Giants
Cardinals
Saints
I'm afraid I'm only in if its silent or anon. Don't have the time for full diplomacy.
(12-17-2016, 02:23 AM)Drogo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid I'm only in if its silent or anon.  Don't have the time for full diplomacy.

I agree this will be Silent and as I believe I commented before, no favors to former friends.  So, pick in the order given.  Let's get our kingdoms assigned and get going!
Is there an e-mail address to send my picks to?  I do not care what my order is so I will just send 12 selections to who ever is in charge.
(12-17-2016, 02:49 AM)Rogal Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an e-mail address to send my picks to?  I do not care what my order is so I will just send 12 selections to who ever is in charge.

Since the format is Silent, it means you post your zone selection, but don't have diplomacy.  So we need all 12 players to post their zone choices here and we can get started.
There is no order of picking. I believe the last I heard, it would be random. We just need a volunteer to randomize the 12 players and post the order of selection and then, bam, we select kingdoms in order. Each kingdom pick eliminates a region for the next choosers, including D1 and D2.
Vball
Acererak
Drogo
Atuan
Dupont
Tomag Ironfist
Son of Conan
Netstrider
Canticar
Imperial Tark
Rogal
The Wise One

I believe this is the 12. Since its a random draft, we literally just need someone not on this list (next player to find this post and is not on the list should work) to roll a d12 for each person (continuing until each value of 1-12 is used with no duplicates) and post here with the numbers next to each players name and we pick zones in that order.
Vball 6
Acererak 5
Drogo 8
Atuan 9
Dupont 10
Tomag 11
Son of Conan 4
Netstrider 1
Canticor 2
Imperial Tark 3
Rogal 12
The Wise One 7