Alamaze - New

Full Version: 301 - Forum Diplomacy Only Steel SVC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GN-UN

As this is your first game, If you would like to opt out of our treaty, I would not hold it against you.

Frodrich
GB-RD

10000 gold and 16000 food is heading your way.
(12-27-2015, 06:30 AM)Ruingurth Wrote: [ -> ]GN-RA

Your pet Dragon is off his leash messing up my lawn. Please call him home, I'm sure the last thing you need is a angry neighbor, I understand you already have problems with your new neighbor in the Eastern Steppes. If you like I can give you the location to the Portal to the Talking Mountains in Runnimede If you would like to redirect your pet there.

Yours
Frodrich

RA -> GN

M'lord Frodrich,
 I would most certainly appreciate the coordinates of the R3-R7 portal.  It's quite possible such information might cause my ally to redirect his fury.  However, while the majestic Black Dragons are my ally, I do not profess to control the actions of such an ancient and powerful kingdom.  I suspect your willingness to supply his most hated enemy is the cause of his visit; perhaps you might consider rethinking that line of action...... quickly.  It may be of little consolation but the Rangers bear you no ill will.  I would also recommend not referring to him as a pet. Food for thought.

Lady SteelHawk, Snow Queen of the Rangers
OOC: Just curious, what lying are you talking about?

Acererak

It's a game. Make him pay. Don't quit.
OOC: For whatever it's worth, I disagree with your viewpoint. The way I read that exchange, she said she was passing through (seems legit given that she has three pop centers waiting for her in the north), but your attitude peeved her and then she made a not-so-subtle mafioso threat ("nice city you have here, shame if anything happened to it"), asking if you wanted to buy protection.

You then criticized her for doing exactly what you had done on T1 with DE (not telling him in advance that you were transiting an emissary through), and then said sorry, can't buy protection now, maybe later.

I remember saying to myself, "Welp, if I were UN, I sure wouldn't be satisfied with that response." Apparently, she wasn't either.

Anyway, according to the profile, she hasn't logged on since a week ago, shortly after that exchange. If you want to resign that is totally your prerogative, but in the interests of fairness, you might want to give her a chance to respond.

Acererak

What fun would a game of conquest be if everyone told 100% truth in the forum every turn. I guess we should all be warning everyone else when we're going to attack. LT should have announced on the board "ATTENTION EVERYONE: I AM GOING TO ATTACK RUNNIMEDE NEXT TURN. YOU MAY WANT TO PREPARE FOR ME"

See how ridiculous that is? If you don't have an agreed upon NAP- then you WILL BE ATTACKED. Your PC's will be taken and warning will not be given. If warning is given then the person doing it is a bigger fool than you. That is what this game is about. You don't get status points for sitting in your capital playing tiddlywinks against your envoy.
OOC: A bit bluntly put, but I think it's a fair point in a wargame, especially one with negotiations. My point from earlier is that warning had even been given, based on what I read.

Acererak

I would just think that if you're angry, and you got taken one turn. Don't give up and quit the game. Take your lumps, learn from it and then marshal your forces and make the person/kingdom pay in kind. That's really a big part of wargames isn't it? Losing Avalon doesn't mean your game is over.
ooc: I saw the messages earlier but seems he went the delete all posts route. shame because they added to the context. to me loosing one city was a foolish reason to quit the game. if discovering someone to be dishonest in your eyes only costs you a city consider yourself lucky. there was no NAP or agreement really. I agree with HH the writing was there and nothing was really done wrong.
I think the UN got off very easy launching what would be a weak attack vs a mage kingdom. I would think just build up mages and start nuking all UN PCs would be the better and more fun response.