Alamaze - New

Full Version: Fast Anonymous Warlords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ladies and gentlemen,

Figured I'd start this sign-up now since it seems to take awhile to fill Warlords games these days.

Game will be Fast (Wednesday/Saturday) Anonymous (no contact with other players/no voting for others on HC issues, etc) Warlords with draft conducted by Lord Diamond (with his approval, of course).

Obviously, I'm in.

Will (aka Morgan Kane)
Alright so I still want to play. Though I prefer HH style draft and good with any draft volunteer.
I'll play.

In a perfect world I would have this be something like a Thursday/Sunday game but I'll do Wednesday/Saturday if that's better for others.

I also prefer the HH draft.
(10-07-2015, 06:08 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]Alright so I still want to play.  Though I prefer HH style draft and good with any draft volunteer.

I find it kind of annoying after you quit a bunch of games and unbalanced them now you want to jump right back in before the proverbial body isn't even cold.
(10-06-2015, 12:37 PM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: [ -> ]Ladies and gentlemen,

Figured I'd start this sign-up now since it seems to take awhile to fill Warlords games these days.

Game will be Fast (Wednesday/Saturday) Anonymous (no contact with other players/no voting for others on HC issues, etc) Warlords with draft conducted by Lord Diamond (with his approval, of course).

Obviously, I'm in.

Will (aka Morgan Kane)

<sigh>...just realized that due to some impending commitments in terms of time and travel, I'll actually not be able to start another warlords. In fact, I might have to lighten my load Sad
(10-07-2015, 03:35 PM)DuPont Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2015, 06:08 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]Alright so I still want to play.  Though I prefer HH style draft and good with any draft volunteer.

I find it kind of annoying after you quit a bunch of games and unbalanced them now you want to jump right back in before the proverbial body isn't even cold.

Fair enough.   I posted when I would issue my last turn in my games and was looking for others to take over the games when it was posted how the new standby system will work.  I stopped when I said I would and none of my games were filled by standby.  I did not rage quit I waited about 6 days, I am back to play but will be selective to not put myself in the same spot that made me leave the first time.
Doh Will. I seem to have some bandwidth available. Perhaps I could help you with that maybe keep a game or two "balanced".
(10-07-2015, 04:33 PM)Jumpingfist Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2015, 03:35 PM)DuPont Wrote: [ -> ]

Fair enough.   I posted when I would issue my last turn in my games and was looking for others to take over the games when it was posted how the new standby system will work.  I stopped when I said I would and none of my games were filled by standby.  I did not rage quit I waited about 6 days, I am back to play but will be selective to not put myself in the same spot that made me leave the first time.

Well, I won't play a Warlords game with you - I put too much time into them just to see them end quickly because somebody got their dandruff up and quit. If you see me sign up for one, please don't sign up as well because I'll withdraw if you do.
I'm sympathetic to the frustration Dupont and I made a similar promise not to play with another player because he dropped all his games overnight out of frustration. The difference for me is not only the considerable 'Alamaze capital' that JF has built up but also that I believe him when he says he will not drop. Mulligans exist for a reason.
Speaking as a pragmatist, with our player base already being so small, we're going to have an increasingly difficult time filling games if some are off-limits due to disagreements like this. We already have a major bifurcation for the diplomacy/anonymous split.

Not trying to convince anyone, just stating an honest concern.
Pages: 1 2