Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another game anyone?
Old warrior Wookie is taking his bones back to the tent for the night boys.  If Ace gets his pick in I'll be in the saddle bright and early.

Ry Vor,
If talking races, one I would like to see is Avians, Maybee and Avian Elf Race .. Higher in Magic, weaker then dragons. Higher losses... weak bones. Black dragon with druid magic... but they are weak on the cavalry charge, but can navigate the water. They are not military power but are a fast-moving, superior in all terrain, hidden, and devout, start with a temple. Same long range as dark elves, but only 4 military groups, free raven exploration per mage., plus any other mage spell or whatever. ... just some thoughts if you are adding. I like the idea of more... it gives us newbies a chance while the others... experiment. Starting Location of and item - Nest of Knowing, Pick any region and see where artifacts are located. Avians cannot select Valerian Steel to start. some ideas.

I know I am new HERE, but I am in the end a gamer... just with now one to game with. I do appreciate your dedication to this and wish I was as smart as you all to create a game with these dynamics...

Thanks...

But I believe any updates and changes show you are engaged in this and will be welcome.

The players we have love the complications.  They tell me always not to dumb it down.

But, we need more players, and so it seems a more approachable game, ie., Alamaze stripped down would be a solution.

But then, I like Alamaze robust, with fringe things like High Council and Skeletons in the Closet and High Priestess and Ransom and Sea Power, you see.  We could go on. 

And then our fantastical developer, who I cannot keep chained from participation in something he has so mightily contributed to, somehow in this other world requires compensation for his labor.  Alas. 

So my restless mind considers several alternatives, and at this point continuing the development of Alamaze seems the most plausible. 

I do wish there was a non-adverserial way to just get the other PBM players to come over to the bright sunshine of Alamaze.  If we had 200 active players, I would reward them with my best ideas and Mike would bring them to light.

Oh, so a new kingdom was to be the Azyrians.  A Eurasian people, quite lucid and adept at politics, but also with strange magic and still beholding to an ancient religion.  Just sayin'.

In my opinion, stripping down Alamaze would be a mistake. Part of its appeal is how you can be creative in developing a play style that fits you and your situation.

It goes way beyond just mashing buttons. It is chess vs. checkers.

The players I have met since playing have all been lifetime gamers who love the depth that this game provides.

How many players have been playing this game for years and are still not tired of it?
Market Alamze as a gamer's game. An elite gaming experience.

Then market it directly to the gamers who love this kind of thing.

I will explain how.

First, pick up a program like Camtasia. It is a video making program that allows you to make videos of your desktop. It cost a couple hundred I think.

Then make some tutorials on using the interface, inputting orders, getting into games, etc

Post them to your youtube channel and link them back to your website where they can be easily found. That will go a long way to helping out new players. You could even do one explaining the turn sheet etc.

If you want to be ambitious, you can do a podcast talking strategy with top players. That's not needed to get started, I just through it in there.

Once you have the software the cost of making these video is nothing is very easy to do. It will help the learning curve for new players.

Now for new players. You use your Facebook page. Start painting the picture of Alamze as a gamer's game. Post your videos and tutorials. Talks about strategy etc.. You want to have some stuff on your FB page, but it is real purpose is to be a platform for running ads.

Setup a gateway that looks like this.

Using Camtasia you can set up a straightforward video ad that can run on Facebook for $5 a day.

You already have an email list of current and past players. You can use that list to create something that is known as a lookalike audience with Facebook.

Understand you are not giving away your player's emails or selling them or anything.

What Facebook does is it takes those emails, and it looks at the interests/facebook pages that those people have shown interest in.

They take into account age, economic, regional, and interests and looks for others who have similar interests. It then feeds your ads to them.

People who are already interested in what you have going on but might not otherwise have known about Alamaze.

You run your ad to a page where they put in their email, and they get to play the tutorial.

After they finish the tutorial, they get an email that offers a free game setup.

Someone who has gone through the full tutorial is precisely the kind of person you want to invite to play.

Your ad can look something like this. This is just rough.

Have you always loved gaming? Do you love the thrill of head to head competition vs. other players from all over the world? Try Alamaze for free. Can you compete with elite gamers from around the world?

This words would display over images of science fantasy characters etc..

There is a link that leads to the page we already set up.

You create an email series that talks about the history of Alamaze. The glory of Alamaze and also links to essential documents, charts, tutorials, etc. Set the new player up on an autoresponder, so the information is fed to them slowly over time.

You could even have a bit of a play by play of exciting or epic fights that have taken place in the past or present.

testimonials by current players are also good etc...

At first, you will start to have new players trickling in. As the ads algorithm starts to catch on you will get anywhere from 5 to 8 new players a day.

If you want even more players increase the budget if you get to the point where you have too many players turn off the ad.

The new income can then be used to build out the game a little more. You would have money to pay programmers, artists, and content writers.

it doesn't take a lot of money to do this — just some elbow grease.

The good news is once you have it done it will run on autopilot.

I would be willing to help build and set up the ads, sales funnel, and emails.

Although I do not have the time to write the emails and make the tutorials I will be happy to teach someone how.

Once you have enough players, you can have leagues: newbie league, veteran league, and Elite League.

Another way to hold people attention is to have tournaments. Have a buy-in of let's say $10. The money is pooled and is paid out to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd positions.

You get to charge your regular fee, so it is cost neutral to you.
Have leaderboards etc.. Make it an elite gaming destination. That's how I would go with it anyway.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes, they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing Your Death Song And Die Like A Warrior Going Home.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

I sent a private post to Ace in case he has not checked the forum lately.

(05-03-2019, 01:54 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: 1 - DuPont = Pellinor
2 - Alatar = The Untamed Lands
3 - Valuthor = The Diamond Coast
4 - Rellgar = Nyvaria
5 - Calidor = Krynn
6 -Acererak
7 - Wookie Panz
8 - Morgan Kane
9 - Draugur
10 - Ptriley
11 - Strylian
12 -Eregon

We're full. Acererak is up
I'll try Darkover

1 - DuPont = Pellinor
4 - Rellgar = Nyvaria
5 - Calidor = Krynn
6 -Acererak = Darkover
7 - Wookie Panz
8 - Morgan Kane
9 - Draugur
10 - Ptriley
11 - Strylian
12 -Eregon

Triumvia for me.

1 - DuPont = Pellinor
4 - Rellgar = Nyvaria
5 - Calidor = Krynn
6 -Acererak= Darkover
7 - Wookie Panz = Triumvia
8 - Morgan Kane
9 - Draugur
10 - Ptriley
11 - Strylian
12 -Eregon

(05-03-2019, 05:32 AM)Strylian Wrote: In my opinion, stripping down Alamaze would be a mistake. Part of its appeal is how you can be creative in developing a play style that fits you and your situation.

It goes way beyond just mashing buttons. It is chess vs. checkers.

The players I have met since playing have all been lifetime gamers who love the depth that this game provides.

How many players have been playing this game for years and are still not tired of it?
Market Alamze as a gamer's game. An elite gaming experience.

Then market it directly to the gamers who love this kind of thing.

I will explain how.

First, pick up a program like Camtasia. It is a video making program that allows you to make videos of your desktop. It cost a couple hundred I think.

Then make some tutorials on using the interface, inputting  orders, getting into games, etc

Post them to your youtube channel and link them back to your website where they can be easily found. That will go a long way to helping out new players. You could even do one explaining the turn sheet etc.

If you want to be ambitious, you can do a podcast talking strategy with top players. That's not needed to get started, I just through it in there.

Once you have the software the cost of making these video is nothing is very easy to do. It will help the learning curve for new players.

Now for new players. You use your Facebook page. Start painting the picture of Alamze as a gamer's game. Post your videos and tutorials. Talks about strategy etc.. You want to have some stuff on your FB page, but it is real purpose is to be a platform for running ads.

Setup a gateway that looks like this.

Using Camtasia you can set up a straightforward video ad that can run on Facebook for $5 a day.

You already have an email list of current and past players. You can use that list to create something that is known as a lookalike audience with Facebook.

Understand you are not giving away your player's emails or selling them or anything.

What Facebook does is it takes those emails, and it looks at the interests/facebook pages that those people have shown interest in.

They take into account age, economic, regional, and interests and looks for others who have similar interests. It then feeds your ads to them.

People who are already interested in what you have going on but might not otherwise have known about Alamaze.

You run your ad to a page where they put in their email, and they get to play the tutorial.

After they finish the tutorial, they get an email that offers a free game setup.

Someone who has gone through the full tutorial is precisely the kind of person you want to invite to play.

Your ad can look something like this. This is just rough.

Have you always loved gaming? Do you love the thrill of head to head competition vs. other players from all over the world? Try Alamaze for free. Can you compete with elite gamers from around the world?

This words would display over images of science fantasy characters etc..

There is a link that leads to the page we already set up.

You create an email series that talks about the history of Alamaze. The glory of Alamaze and also links to essential documents, charts, tutorials, etc. Set the new player up on an autoresponder, so the information is fed to them slowly over time.

You could even have a bit of a play by play of exciting or epic fights that have taken place in the past or present.

testimonials by current players are also good etc...

At first, you will start to have new players trickling in. As the ads algorithm starts to catch on you will get anywhere from 5 to 8 new players a day.

If you want even more players increase the budget if you get to the point where you have too many players turn off the ad.

The new income can then be used to build out the game a little more. You would have money to pay programmers, artists, and content writers.

it doesn't take a lot of money to do this — just some elbow grease.

The good news is once you have it done it will run on autopilot.

I would be willing to help build and set up the ads, sales funnel, and emails.

Although I do not have the time to write the emails and make the tutorials I will be happy to teach someone how.

Once you have enough players, you can have leagues: newbie league, veteran league, and Elite League.

Another way to hold people attention is to have tournaments. Have a buy-in of let's say $10. The money is pooled and is paid out to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd positions.

You get to charge your regular fee, so it is cost neutral to you.
Have leaderboards etc.. Make it an elite gaming destination. That's how I would go with it anyway.

I love this Rick.  You two and Mike should correspond off line on this IMO.

Yes, I did earlier. 

All good ideas, very thoughtful and sensible.

Haven't tried Mythgar yet, so:

1 - DuPont = Pellinor
4 - Rellgar = Nyvaria
5 - Calidor = Krynn
6 -Acererak= Darkover
7 - Wookie Panz = Triumvia
8 - Morgan Kane = Mythgar
9 - Draugur
10 - Ptriley
11 - Strylian