Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVC, why the conflict?
(08-03-2015, 01:42 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: In Fall of Rome, all kingdoms were military, and all could win via Rex.  In Alamaze, its not the same, and now we are introducing about eight new kingdoms.  Sorry to have to say it, but both Alamaze and Fall of Rome won Game of the Year.  Not many designers can say all their games win Game of the Year, as a way of saying, I think I know what I am doing.

Rick, everyone knows you know what you are doing. Everyone also knows that your games won Game of the Year (congrats again). 

Neither of those things are ever going to stop your players from debating every design choice and aspect of your games. You should probably just be used to it by now.

You shouldn't take it as criticism. It is more of a social thing. The only thing we all have in common is this game and this is the only place we get to discuss it. Consider these to be mere conversation starters. Who knows, maybe you'll find a few gems that you can use to make your Award winning games even better. 
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I think that's very well said, LD.

I've been in groups of college folks, political folks, religious folks, and gaming folks. By and large, as a general rule, the gaming folks were the most opinionated.

No one expects you or anyone to agree with everyone else. But one of the benefits of having so much active feedback is that you can toss the chaff and enjoy the wheat.

After all, we all have blind spots, and none of us see things perfectly. The key is to figure out what those blind spots are, and how to incorporate the helpful points.

Speaking only for myself, I'm really grateful and encouraged by the feedback you've accepted lately on both the turn rates and the Choosing customization. Many thanks for that!

Love this game and I'm confident I'll love the Choosing.

No doubt.  Just saying....

Do we still give more status points to a Rex victory?

I know for sure it used to be that winning via SVC got you less glory as a way to disincentivize the option.

(08-06-2015, 04:47 AM)Jumbie Wrote: Do we still give more status points to a Rex victory?

I know for sure it used to be that winning via SVC got you less glory as a way to disincentivize the option.

Yes Rex gets gets more.  Victory points follow exactly how the chart in the rules shows.