Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Questions
(02-04-2016, 06:01 AM)Rotor Wrote: What happens if 2 emissaries of different kingdoms try to usurp control of a 3rd party PC during  the same turn? Do their efforts cancel each other or are they tested in parallel with the most successful winning the prize? Thanks!

If both A and B issue order 330 at a town owned by C, the following happens:

The two 330 orders are randomly executed so either A or B must go first; whichever goes first is processed against the status quo provided by player C having control of the pc.  Then, depending upon the results of that initially processed order, when the second 330 order is processed if C is still in control of the pc the second player will have the status quo he anticipated, but if the initial order resulted in a change of control to either player A or B, then the second 330 order must overcome the status quo of the pc that is now controlled by the new player.
Lord Thanatos
aka "Thanatos the Terrible"
Does the magical dome that protects from attack work against siege? Can high levels wizards dispel it? Thanks!
Nope dome does nothing to siege.
A Dome only works against an attack. Parley (170) and Siege (190) are unaffected. If a Threaten (180) fails, then an attack would normally follow. That attack is thwarted by a Dome.

Any wizard in the region that has the ability to cast the spell "Dispel Dome of Invulnerability" (specifically - not a generic dispel spell) can dispel the Dome.
The Frost Lord,
Centurion in the Military War College
Pioneer of Alamaze
The only 2 companions that i cant find recruit info on are minotaurs and rock golems. Are they purely summon companions?
(02-04-2017, 09:26 PM)Thunderb0lt Wrote: The only 2 companions that i cant find recruit info on are minotaurs and rock golems. Are they purely summon companions?

That is correct
Thanks for that quick response my friend. Here is another. Rate these combat ratings from worse to best. Superior, Awesome, ultimate, reknowned, Excellent, very good and legendary.
(02-04-2017, 10:15 PM)Thunderb0lt Wrote: Thanks for that quick response my friend. Here is another. Rate these combat ratings from worse to best. Superior, Awesome, ultimate, reknowned, Excellent, very good and legendary.

I'd knock the "k" out of renowned and probably have legendary at the top.  Very good probably at the bottom of that list.
Actually i made up the legendary part and thanks for the education on renown, not a word i generally use in my day-to-day conversations. But i think the order of the ones i was interested in are renowned , awesome and ultimate from worst to best.  Angel
(02-04-2017, 10:44 PM)Thunderb0lt Wrote: Actually i made up the legendary part and thanks for the education on renown, not a word i generally use in my day-to-day conversations. But i think the order of the ones i was interested in are renowned , awesome and ultimate from worst to best.  Angel

In Fall of Rome we had at least 7 levels of regional reaction instead of 4 in Alamaze, and we had at least 7 levels of brigade experience where Alamaze currently has 4.  So at the top of brigade experience was Legendary, then Renowned, Elite, Veteran, Experienced, Regular, Green. 

(BTW, I'm pretty sure I've put a "k" in renowned myself.)