Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Questions
(08-31-2015, 04:05 PM)DuPont Wrote: You can spend up to 16k regardless so yes, you can get it up to 16.0 that way.

This feature was removed before and made so you could only buy up to the max of 16 not average to 16, when you put to much on your turn sheet it would bring the amount down.. Also it us now based on your starting number not what your average is.   Unless UM changed it back again.
One other thing your first order to buy fleets in the sea can only be for 8k and will be at your base level.
OK so the base will always be 12, in this case, and you could only spend a max of 14K gold on each new fleet. So having a higher base is an advantage.
Fear casts a large shadow, yet he himself is very small.
Can anyone disclose which cities and in which regions? It is kinda ambiguous.
Fear casts a large shadow, yet he himself is very small.
(08-31-2015, 05:23 PM)Greyhawk Wrote: OK so the base will always be 12, in this case, and you could only spend a max of 14K gold on each new fleet.  So having a higher base is an advantage.

If the base for new fleets built at 8000 gold will always be 12 (in this example), then if you spend 14000, the amount will be reduced down to 12000 automatically.

Gold  -  Quality of Fleet built
8000  = 12 quality
9000  = 13 quality
10000 = 14 quality
11000 = 15 quality
12000 = 16 quality
14000 = 16 quality (with a 2000 gold refund)
The Frost Lord,
Centurion in the Military War College
Pioneer of Alamaze
(08-31-2015, 06:40 PM)Greyhawk Wrote: Can anyone disclose which cities and in which regions?  It is kinda ambiguous.

There are 12 Cities in 10 Regions.  Amberland (Region 5) and Arcania (Region 8) have two cities each.  All of the rest have one city.

There is a Power Point version of the map with region boundaries on the last page of this thread: http://kingdomsofarcania.net/forum/showt...275&page=5

The Frost Lord,
Pioneer of Alamaze
Region 1 - Lorethane
Region 2 - Viperhead
Region 3 - Hammerhold
Region 4 - Meridon
Region 5 - Evanon & Avalon
Region 6 - Gundibar
Region 7 - Cradia
Region 8 - Zarathon & Esteria Vale
Region 9 - Jukanta
Region 10 - Vanasheen

** Please excuse any mis-spellings. :-)
The Frost Lord,
Pioneer of Alamaze
I have a small problem but I'm not sure if it's an aspect of the game or a little quirk of the rule checker. Suppose that a group with a wizard is in plains. The wizard "wants" to issue spell 800 something that works only in woods. If I issue a 720 to move the group in woods, given that 800 is after 720, it should work in my opinion but I get a "won't work in that location" warning. Should the group stay the whole turn in location for the spell to work or is it just a rule checker problem and I should ignore the warning and carry on with my orders? Can I do that btw?
Thanks a lot! Very helpful community!
800 is Rite of the Magi and works everywhere.

Your hypothetical spell should work if it is only good in the forest, comes after movement, and you will actually end up in the forest. Make certain that the area you are moving to truly is forest. Also make sure your movement is valid.

If you want me to help with details, email me at ded127@aol.com. I am not in any anonymous game newer than turn 12. Or just tell me the area you are moving to and I will check it for you.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

The order checker normally does a very good job of following a group that moved and verifying your in the correct terrain. My guess you may actually be in a swamp and it looks kind of like a forest on the map
What happens if 2 emissaries of different kingdoms try to usurp control of a 3rd party PC during the same turn? Do their efforts cancel each other or are they tested in parallel with the most successful winning the prize? Thanks!