Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resurgent Map
Thanks for the plug Smile

But it is all true. my little tool was never intended to do the things that LD does with his maps. But that is only because I never thought of it. But the idea has been planted. And actually, it sort of combines nicely with one of the ideas I had been toying with (but could not find a reason to implement). That is, a 'play' button that would allow you step through the various turns and see how the map changed. I figured it would be cool, but not that useful. However, if each turn saved all of that crazy stuff LD puts on his maps, scrolling back and forth through the turns could be really interesting. But that is for later.

If I learned anything from my father, it is 'the right tool for the right job'. I watched him struggle with many a car, plumbing, or other household repair (while somehow never pointing the flashlight at the right spot! Smile ) only to find out later that there was some kind of funky, custom tool made for exactly the problem he'd been fighting with for hours. That custom tool trivialized the task.

So yes, the parser is a niche tool. It is my goal to see someone place it on a shelf, right beside his other prized tools. Smile
bananas (on the forums)
Arch-Mage of Entropy (in games)
             - Wanderer of Alamaze

Player nominated - 
157 - TR : Chancellor 
161 - AN : Chancellor & Iron Willed
I don't disparage the Parser at all and Bananas has already implemented postive changes in just the past few days. Like he said, it wasn't originally designed to do the things I use the map for.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.