Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What You Want the Most
I would like to see an automated sign-up with many kingdom choices per region. Like you mentioned with the pirates UN or PI fills that slot. The more choices the better. Maybe something like a GUI that lets you see what is left then removes the ones that are no longer available as the game fills.

More unit types and more types allowed per group. Specialty units. Like siege weapons

Taking cities a big deal not something you can do turn 2 or 3.

Able to garrison units or actually train your royal guard to fight better where ever your capital is.
(01-26-2015, 10:17 PM)Rogal Wrote: What about training or leveling of some sort of troops above veteran status?  To be fair to kingdoms, perhaps they should be elite units but not named kingdom units.  

Fall of Rome had this from 'green' all the way to 'legendary'. 
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(01-26-2015, 10:17 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: Dusidale?  Not likely.  Dusitopia is a reach.

Dusigrad? St. Dusiberg?

I like the idea on each dragon having it's own bonuses, and also the level of impact it appears to have just based on the example of the Black that Ry Vor threw out there. 

And HH, the answer is ALMOST always Halflings, but not when compared to the opportunity to have a whole region of Dusiness!
-The Deliverer
Rogal,

We have discussed this elsewhere.  That is the intention, probably not in the next release (4th Scenario) but in 3rd Cycle.  Again, I wish we could have everyone that knows Alamaze also know Fall of Rome. 

There we work at the brigade level, where each brigade in a force (Alamaze group) has its own experience, attrition, morale, movement, etc). 

Brigades can be from green to raw to regular to blooded to experienced to veteran to elite to renown to legendary.

Let's everybody get a friend, and play Alamaze, and we will see that and much more including the best maps ever made for games (not by me, by the best cartoligist at CC, Ralf). 
I'm trying to accomplish the triumphant return of bluefile2.

From my limited experience in fall of rome, the brigade system there was great (and well beyond what I've seen elsewhere). If memory serves correct, having a brigade eliminated through attrition would potentially impact the experience level of other brigades as the remaining troops were dispersed.
-The Deliverer
(01-26-2015, 10:32 PM)kevindusi Wrote: I'm trying to accomplish the triumphant return of bluefile2.

From my limited experience in fall of rome, the brigade system there was great (and well beyond what I've seen elsewhere). If memory serves correct, having a brigade eliminated through attrition would potentially impact the experience level of other brigades as the remaining troops were dispersed.

Yes, actually a very experienced brigade eliminated might increase the overall experience of the group as its veterans are spread among the other brigades.  But normally, the most experienced, say elite brigades also correspondingly suffer fewer casualties as their defense value is higher. 

I remember when I brought Fall of Rome out, how Alamaze players were so suspect of the Fall of Rome combat system, with instead of 1,2 or 3, players were able to potentially Flank, Envelope, and more.

(some readers might like this: http://www.fallofromegame.com/fall_of_rome_ii.asp  )  . 
One of my favorite moments was when I managed to ensnare Wulfgar's troops. He proceeded to soundly thump me, but I won that battle!!

I also like how the mix of troops (as well as their experience) would impact how far they could move in a turn. Mostly light cavalry? Sweet, you're moving a lot farther than that other group that's toting the catapults.
-The Deliverer
It will be exciting to incorporate Alamaze wizardry, diverse artifacts, and fantasy armies into Fall of Rome's combat system.

Way back when, I tried to talk Rick into just changing the name of the Celts to Elves, Norse to Dwarves, and so on just to get the fantasy feel. That would have been wonderful all by itself. This will be better. Unclemike is my favorite Alamaze personality right now.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(01-26-2015, 11:02 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: It will be exciting to incorporate Alamaze wizardry, diverse artifacts, and fantasy armies into Fall of Rome's combat system.

Way back when, I tried to talk Rick into just changing the name of the Celts to Elves, Norse to Dwarves, and so on just to get the fantasy feel. That would have been wonderful all by itself. This will be better. Unclemike is my favorite Alamaze personality right now.

I really like the random distribution of cities in game 300.  I hope that is an option in future games in some way.
I am good with random locations but do not like 0-3 cities per region. It gives to much of an economic difference. Starting in a region shared with someone is really harsh with no cities. Likewise a single kingdom region with 3 cities would be a huge advantage over others.