Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2014 Alamaze Classic Championship!
2014 Alamaze Classic Championship

It's time to begin the 2014 Alamaze Championship for Classic Games!

This is an invite only game based on which personas have done the best with each kingdom concluded in 2014. Lord Diamond, as Keeper of Valhalla will identify the top 2 players for each of the 15 kingdoms. This tally includes Steel, Magic, and Anonymous 12 player games, but not the specialty games of Warlords, Titan, and Primeval. If a persona was lucky enough to be 1st in more than one kingdom, select one, and the alternate becomes 1st for the other kingdom.

This will be a 15 kingdom, full diplomacy, Exploratory, Rex game but ended by Lion's Share at end of Turn 30. It will have a setup charge, but won't count against your service level.

I believe each participant will get a title in Valhalla and of course,
The Champion will be showered in Glory Eternal!

Lord Diamond will post the first and second candidates for each kingdom, and a third if one of those is not currently active. If you are a 1st shown, post below in the next few days. If not filled by Friday, we will open to the 2nd (first alternate).

Claim Your Throne!

The way the invitations will work is that I will post the Primary Invitee List. The Primary invitees can post here whether or not they accept the Invite. If they receive multiple Invites, they need to specify which they will accept.

I will also provide the Backup Invitee List, but should be considered informational only until/unless those players receive Official Invites here. I will issue more backup Invites as they become necessary.

Do not try to decipher the incredibly complex process used to build this list. <patent pending>

Congratulations and good luck!

Primary Invitees by Kingdom:

Ancient Ones ----- Thalion II
Black Dragon ----- DuPont
Darkelf ----- Vball Michael
Demon Prince ----- Vball Michael
Dwarf ----- Lord Thanatos
Elf ----- Thalion II
Giant ----- Jumpingfist
Gnome ----- Vball Michael
Ranger ----- Vball Michael
Red Dragon ----- Hawk
Sorcerer ----- Cloud
Troll ----- Rusher
Underworld ----- Wynand
Warlock ----- Jumpingfist
Witchlord ----- Wynter Breeze

Backup List by Kingdom:

Ancient Ones ----- Lord Diamond
Black Dragon ----- DESTITUTE NOBLE
Darkelf ----- Canticar
Demon Prince ----- THE DARK ONE
Dwarf ----- Daredevil
Elf ----- NITNUX
Giant ----- Thalion II
Gnome ----- Lord Brogan
Ranger ----- Jumpingfist
Red Dragon ----- Cloud
Sorcerer ----- STILLGARD
Troll ----- Wynand
Underworld ----- The Deliverer
Warlock ----- Vball Michael
Witchlord ----- Mauler

Some of these players may be on hiatus. Feel free to reach out to them and let them know that there is an invite waiting for them here!!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I guess I am in the middle. I would be honored to take the GI

(11-03-2014, 03:01 AM)Jumpingfist Wrote: I guess I am in the middle. I would be honored to take the GI

If the GI is active, the DW must be present also! Angry

I would be honored to guide the peace-loving dwarven people.
Lord Thanatos

I wasn't expecting several players to have such a dominant position in more than one first spot. Well, good news if you are in 1st alternate or 2nd alternate position you will likely get in.

Let's get the personas with more than one option to choose quickly as Jumping Fist did so we can move this along.

Giant is selected by Jumping Fist.
Dwarven Lords selected by Lord Thanatos.

Ok, I will select quickly. I will take a shot at representing the Ranger.

I prefer the TR (my backup) to the UN but I will take the latter if Rusher elects to play.

(11-03-2014, 12:06 PM)Wynand Wrote: I prefer the TR (my backup) to the UN but I will take the latter if Rusher elects to play.
That would bring the Deliverer into the game, though....hmm. Wink

(11-03-2014, 12:06 PM)Wynand Wrote: I prefer the TR (my backup) to the UN but I will take the latter if Rusher elects to play.

That would bring the Deliverer into the game, though....hmm. Wink

We will be moving through these quickly and won't have time for provisional selections. I will update the Official Invites and update the thread as we go. Once you take a selection, your name will be removed for both lists and other Backups will be bumped up where appropriate.

Rusher is one of those on hiatus. You might reach out to him ASAP. Otherwise, I will need your official selection soon. Thanks!

PS. There will be a Championship Game for Titan/Warlords as well.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

The List has been updated and there have been lots of changes.

Final List of Champions:

Ancient Ones -----
Black Dragon -----
Darkelf -----
Demon Prince -----
Elf -----
Giant ----- Jumpingfist
Gnome -----
Red Dragon -----
Sorcerer -----
Troll -----
Underworld -----
Warlock -----
Witchlord -----

Darkelf ----- Canticar
Elf ----- Thalion II
Gnome ----- Lord Brogan
Red Dragon ----- Hawk
Sorcerer ----- Cloud
Troll ----- Rusher
Underworld ----- Wynand
Warlock ----- Canticar

Backup List by Kingdom:

Darkelf ----- Wynter Breeze
Elf ----- NITNUX
Gnome ----- Lord Brogan
Red Dragon ----- Cloud
Sorcerer ----- STILLGARD
Troll ----- Wynand
Warlock ----- Wynand
Witchlord ----- Mauler

I will revoke the Invites for inactive players on Wednesday morning and will start revoking Invites for silent players each morning starting Thursday. We would love to get this started by the weekend.

Keep in mind that this is an 'Invitational' 2014 Championship game. This is as much a reward for staying involved with the Forums as it is recognition for superior play. Once Invites have been revoked, they will not be reissued under foreseeable circumstances.
 Lord Diamond

(11-03-2014, 01:06 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The List has been updated and there have been lots of changes.

Final List of Champions:

Ancient Ones -----
Black Dragon -----
Darkelf -----
Demon Prince -----
Elf -----
Giant ----- Jumpingfist
Gnome -----
Red Dragon -----
Sorcerer -----
Troll -----
Underworld -----
Warlock -----
Witchlord -----

Darkelf ----- Canticar
Elf ----- Thalion II
Gnome ----- Lord Brogan
Red Dragon ----- Hawk
Sorcerer ----- Cloud
Troll ----- Rusher
Underworld ----- Wynand
Warlock ----- Canticar

Backup List by Kingdom:

Darkelf ----- Wynter Breeze
Elf ----- NITNUX
Gnome ----- Lord Brogan
Red Dragon ----- Cloud
Sorcerer ----- STILLGARD
Troll ----- Wynand
Warlock ----- Wynand
Witchlord ----- Mauler

I will revoke the Invites for inactive players on Wednesday morning and will start revoking Invites for silent players each morning starting Thursday. We would love to get this started by the weekend.

Keep in mind that this is an 'Invitational' 2014 Championship game. This is as much a reward for staying involved with the Forums as it is recognition for superior play. Once Invites have been revoked, they will not be reissued under foreseeable circumstances.

I would prefer to pass on my invitation. Please invite an alternate Red Dragon.

Thank You