Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn Results Parser
Nice job Bananas.
OK, I finally created decent instructions on how to install Ruby so you can run the turn parser. It is extremely simple and has pictures.
Ruby Installation Instructions

I also created an instruction document for the parser itself. 
Turn Parser Instructions

Both sets of instructions are included in the latest zip.
TurnParser-0.2.5
bananas (on the forums)
Arch-Mage of Entropy (in games)
             - Wanderer of Alamaze

Player nominated - 
157 - TR : Chancellor 
161 - AN : Chancellor & Iron Willed
Latest updates to the turn parser can be found here:

The 'My Production' button has been removed. I realized that the report it generated was useless. After seeing the AlamazeTracker spreadsheet, I now have a better understanding of what it was supposed to do (I thin). That button has been replaced with two buttons.
  • Production by Kingdom
  • Population Centers by Region
bananas (on the forums)
             - Wanderer of Alamaze

Player nominated - 
I just read the explanation on the parser. Now I understand it and I think its great!
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde
Music to my ears!
bananas (on the forums)
             - Wanderer of Alamaze

Player nominated - 
Since some people are having trouble with the above link, I tried to just attach it to this post, but the zip is too big.
So let me explain what happens when you click on the link I provided.

It takes you to Google Docs, where I posted it. Unfortunately, Google is trying to be helpful and show you the contents of the zip file.
Do not try clicking on anything in the white area in the center of the screen. Instead, move your mouse upward to the dark black 
border up top.  Pretty close to the center of that top bar, (AFTER you move your mouse there) you will see a download icon (fat down arrow pointing to a horizontal line) right next to three vertical dots.  Clicking on the download icon will cause your browser to download the zip file (which is what I wish Google would have done for us in the first place). 

So, download the zip. Exand it and then click on 'amap.rbw' (or just 'amap' if you have file extensions hidden). Again, though,
this assumes you have Ruby already installed. 

See again: Turn Parser Instructions and Ruby Installation Instructions for more information.(at least those links work like I wanted).
bananas (on the forums)
             - Wanderer of Alamaze

Player nominated - 
I think the Parser when working could really open up the customer base for the game. Maybe even attract some of the younger generation who don't have the same inclination (read: patience) for text only data Smile
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde
Have you tried running it yet? If so and it did not seem to work, can you let me know what broke so I can hopefully fix it?
bananas (on the forums)
             - Wanderer of Alamaze

Player nominated - 
Rainbow 
Finally! 
I have a standalone binary that windows users can just download and run! No need to install Ruby or do anything else crazy.

TurnParser 1.0.0
(when run this way, it takes much longer to startup than if you just ran the bare script, so be patient)

In addition, it includes an emissary tool.
Clicking on a population center will show you the yes/no/maybe chances for each of your emissaries on that particular pop center.
bananas (on the forums)
             - Wanderer of Alamaze

Player nominated - 
Will be trying it when I get home. This sounds great. I like the emmisary idea too.