Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 'Thanks!' Thread
So I often see posts when people have an issue. Understandable - the whole squeaky wheel gets the grease thing. But my mum taught me to say thanks when somebody does something nice for you, so I wanted to start a thread where people could do that when the Alamaze staff did something nice. Two things for me this week:
1. In one game, I had not properly communicated I wanted my king's name changes on turn one and Grasshopper did it for me on turn two. The first two initials were the same, so no issue with that, but I really like naming my own king and would have hated to go though the game with a king's name I didn't pick.
2. I forgot to submit Game 133's first turn today - I got not one, but two friendly email reminders (I was out to lunch) so my turn got in.

Thanks guys!

Yes, it is often the (very) few human/computer errors that get highlighted in the Forum.

But the customer service here is quite amazing!

Game formats are changed in myriad fashions for the players. Players can draft kingdoms in certain games. Input is sought from Imperators regarding game mechanics and format changes. Questions to support are usually answered within a couple hours. I can't think of a single online game where the game designer himself is available to help players. The company owner participates in our games and interacts with almost all of the players in our community.

I am definitely a satisfied customer/gamer!!!
Lord Thanatos

Many thanks to Rick and Cipher for helping with a support issue over the weekend.

Also, I LOVE the fact that high council sales have been moved to after a vote on the current issue. This has long been a quirk of the system, IMO, which previously allowed gamesmanship (a guy about to be expelled could sell it to an ally for 1 gold, and then buy it back the next turn for 1 gold, and you remove the ability to kick anyone off of the high council without a skeleton), and it is great to see it changed. Thanks!

(03-31-2014, 10:45 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: Many thanks to Rick and Cipher for helping with a support issue over the weekend.

Also, I LOVE the fact that high council sales have been moved to after a vote on the current issue. This has long been a quirk of the system, IMO, which previously allowed gamesmanship (a guy about to be expelled could sell it to an ally for 1 gold, and then buy it back the next turn for 1 gold, and you remove the ability to kick anyone off of the high council without a skeleton), and it is great to see it changed. Thanks!

I am very pleased about that change as well.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(03-30-2014, 12:03 AM)Lord Thanatos Wrote: Yes, it is often the (very) few human/computer errors that get highlighted in the Forum.

But the customer service here is quite amazing!

Game formats are changed in myriad fashions for the players. Players can draft kingdoms in certain games. Input is sought from Imperators regarding game mechanics and format changes. Questions to support are usually answered within a couple hours. I can't think of a single online game where the game designer himself is available to help players. The company owner participates in our games and interacts with almost all of the players in our community.

I am definitely a satisfied customer/gamer!!!

I just want echo both what Thanatos and DuPont said. The effort put forth by Grasshopper and Cipher is really amazing and they both deserve our thanks!

I appreciate everything they do to make Alamaze great!

I would like to echo thanks to Grasshopper. I completely forgot my turn as it's crazy at work and got a reminder and even some leeway to get my turn in. Many thanks!

Have to say, every turn seems to run on the day it is supposed to, even if there are issues or late submissions, so kudos to the team's efforts and results. And the very rare instances where I have had a technical difficulty (latent capitol effect or ESO not showing as achieved), the issue was corrected quickly and without fanfare.
So thanks to the team.

Three cheers for Grasshopper. It really would suck having to plow through all those turns to do the ESOs for 129. I know how complicated mine was (and I didn't make it, either.) I'll be quite happy to get the turn tomorrow sometime.

Here here.

I'll be OK if it slips and you guys are doing great. I had an ESO turn on Friday in another game and my rewards were incomplete. Grasshopper had it fixed and a new turn in my inbox 75 minutes later. Amazing.

Cloud

I agree with Cloud and DuPont (gasp!)... and with Grasshopper looking for the new automated ESO routines.

Looking forward to 129 just because I am pretty sure I get to kill more of DuPont's guys, but I can wait until Grasshopper is done with his break. Apparently there was some tax thing yesterday he had to file. Not sure what that's about.
-The Deliverer