Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suspense & Decision - A PBM Magazine for the 21st Century!
On Suspense and Decision #13, first, applause to Maximus Dominus / Grimfinger for returning after a year or so absence.  I am happy for the audience there to consider Alamaze, and maybe some of you can consider sending a letter to Maximus if you want to compare Alamaze to another PBEM, or PBM.  

He is the only non-partial voice to represent the hobby, and I think as evidenced by a number of our newer players (though we don't ask age), younger players like the games, or at least Alamaze, even though they could play Deux 2 or something.  It is contemplative, intriguing, multi-player, differentiated strategy we offer, which is propelled by that anticipation of receiving the next turn results.  They just don't have a good way of finding us.

So I applaud our newer players, that are finding a more absorbing gaming pastime in Alamaze than they did in those Playstation action games.
It's not Playstation OR Alamaze. Many of us can do both.

I downloaded the episode and found some of the articles to be very interesting.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(08-25-2016, 04:35 PM)unclemike Wrote: Was issue 12 skipped? I can't find it on your site.

It wasn't published. When it became delayed, Bernd asked about publishing it, and I told him that he could, but for whatever reasons, he never did. I decided to leave it missing in the sands of time.

Its absence serves as a continuing reminder to me of our failure. Hopefully, I will draw inspiration from that failure, to get future issues published more reliably.

Thanks for noticing, Mike!

- Charles -
Our players have been invited, encouraged, to submit articles to Suspense and Decision.  Why not try?

Meanwhile, it is helpful to support the mag in any way you can, spread the word, etc..  We used to have maybe four magazines covering PBM and Alamaze was fortunate to have the motherload with a most favorable review in Dragon Magazine.  Now we have Maximus Dominus making headway with Suspense and Decision.  

We all must know younger players that can absorb Alamaze, or even the other games out there.

I still don't like referring to the hobby in 2016 as "PBM", but nostalgia rules.  Obviously, we haven't sent any turns out by snail mail.
(08-27-2016, 08:28 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I still don't like referring to the hobby in 2016 as "PBM", but nostalgia rules.  Obviously, we haven't sent any turns out by snail mail.

That's just it - You don't have to refer to it as PBM. Indeed, you haven't sent any turns - any recent ones, anyway - via snail mail.

Then again, snails don't actually deliver mail, now do they?
Issue #14 of Suspense & Decision magazine is out, and available for downloading!

https://suspense-and-decision.com/Issue-...gazine.pdf
Issue #15 of Suspense & Decision is progressing well. Things are looking good for it publishing on or about February 1st, 2015, if not earlier.
[Image: Issue-15-Front-Cover-800x1035.png]

Issue #15 of Suspense & Decision magazine is out and available for download! Cliick HERE to download Issue #15.
Grimfinger is Maximus? As in HW player? Right on. I always meant to play Aquilonia at least once but never did.
(02-02-2017, 02:21 AM)Thunderb0lt Wrote: Grimfinger is Maximus? As in HW player?

Yep.