Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to write an Alamaze review for a new PBM/Turn-Based Gaming Magazine?
I wrote to Mark, a little while ago, and he wrote back, informing me that he had told me about not including the Alamaze article in quetsion. So, I went back through my e-mails, and sure enough, here is what he said:

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 22:40:57 -0500, Mark Wardell <Mark@wyeastgames.com> wrote:

I have most of the layout done except for your editorial, and mine, the cover you spoke of, and the title. I may yet move a couple articles around. Also, I think we have too much on Alamaze. We have the very long article by several people, and then the shorter overview. I'd like to pull the overview for the next issue.

So, my apologies. The 23rd of November was what I had set the deadline at, and Mark and I exchanged a lot of emails on that day, an din the days that followed, as we worked to get the issue out.

With regard to the article by Telrandir and Hawk, I checked my emails, and as near as I can tell, I never received an article from either of them. There was an inquiry from one of them, but I responded, and then I didn't receive anything else form either of them.

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 14:34:24 -0500, GrimFinger <GrimFinger@grimfinger.net> wrote:

There's not a hard limit, per se. Just write it.

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 13:26:48 -0500

Telrandir and I are interested in putting together an Alamaze piece for you.

How many words do you want to limit it to?

We are thinking an opening game strategy piece where I do nuts & bolts and John does in character writing.

Hawk
(12-04-2013, 04:35 AM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: I wrote to Mark, a little while ago, and he wrote back, informing me that he had told me about not including the Alamaze article in quetsion. So, I went back through my e-mails, and sure enough, here is what he said:

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 22:40:57 -0500, Mark Wardell <Mark@wyeastgames.com> wrote:

I have most of the layout done except for your editorial, and mine, the cover you spoke of, and the title. I may yet move a couple articles around. Also, I think we have too much on Alamaze. We have the very long article by several people, and then the shorter overview. I'd like to pull the overview for the next issue.

So, my apologies. The 23rd of November was what I had set the deadline at, and Mark and I exchanged a lot of emails on that day, an din the days that followed, as we worked to get the issue out.

With regard to the article by Telrandir and Hawk, I checked my emails, and as near as I can tell, I never received an article from either of them. There was an inquiry from one of them, but I responded, and then I didn't receive anything else form either of them.

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 14:34:24 -0500, GrimFinger <GrimFinger@grimfinger.net> wrote:

There's not a hard limit, per se. Just write it.

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 13:26:48 -0500

Telrandir and I are interested in putting together an Alamaze piece for you.

How many words do you want to limit it to?

We are thinking an opening game strategy piece where I do nuts & bolts and John does in character writing.

Hawk

Our article is still not finished. I can send you my rough draft but I still needs Telrandir's part.
(12-04-2013, 12:07 PM)Hawk_ Wrote: Our article is still not finished. I can send you my rough draft but I still needs Telrandir's part.

That's fine, and I did receive your rough draft of your part. If it is all going to be one article, though, just submit it as one article, when it is finished. If you don't finish your article in time for issue # 2, then we can include it in any future issue beyond issue # 2.

For the benefit of others who may be reading this discussion thread, submissions can include memories or experiences. They don't have to be formal articles written purposefully to inform, per se.
This new work by Maximus, aka Grimfinger, aka Charles, is a bold stroke to return an independent media source to PBEM. He's done a really good job on the first two issues of the magazine, be sure to visit and also consider contributing content for the next issue.

Maximus established this forum for us, and has updated software versions from time to time, got the cool bannerhead graphic, and the forum active / closed graphics in place. He has been a friend since Fall of Rome came out, and been following the hobby since at least the early 1990's.

Check out the mag.