Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to write an Alamaze review for a new PBM/Turn-Based Gaming Magazine?
PlayByMail.Net is going to attempt to launch a new magazine related to PBM gaming, and the ancestral descendants of of the same - as well as other turn based games. The primary focus is on the first two, however.

Barring any obstacles, issue # 1 will be published on November 23rd, 2013.

Any of you that are quick on the pen, and who want to type up a review, or an experience, or an advice column, or something else that is Alamaze-related, then be swift - the witching hour is nearly upon you.

Send your submissions, whether for issue # 1 or for any future issue, to one of the following e-mail addresses:

Your submission doesn't have to be about Alamaze, specifically, but that will likely be where the interest of this forum's inhabitants lie, I suspect. Even a comparison of Alamaze to other games is invited.

Thank you for your interest.
Don't know if people saw this post by Grimfinger. He has a new PBEM mag debuting and is looking for original contributions. For whatever reason, his post was not showing up on my screen as a new or unread post. Hoping it does now and some kind folks take him up on his offer!
(11-21-2013, 12:19 AM)Ry Vor Wrote: Don't know if people saw this post by Grimfinger. He has a new PBEM mag debuting and is looking for original contributions. For whatever reason, his post was not showing up on my screen as a new or unread post. Hoping it does now and some kind folks take him up on his offer!

Telrandir and I are working on something. I'm relying on the unpublished novelist gnome to make me look good.
I sent one in, it won't be nearly as good as Hawk/Telrandir, I'm sure, but it's at least minorly technical and detailed. Smile
Submission Deadline for Issue # 2: December 20th, 2013
Is issue 1 available anywhere?
Here's a link. http://playbymail.net/mybb/showthread.php?tid=787
(12-03-2013, 10:33 PM)Gamejunkie Wrote: Here's a link. http://playbymail.net/mybb/showthread.php?tid=787

Great initial effort by Grimfinger and his associates. Check it out!
(11-21-2013, 12:10 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: I sent one in, it won't be nearly as good as Hawk/Telrandir, I'm sure, but it's at least minorly technical and detailed. Smile

Hmmm.......I know that you sent one in, because I got it. I went back, just now, and checked my email. Your review of Alamaze arrived in my email in-box on November 21st. I checked my out-box, and I forwarded it to Mark Wardell, who was doing the layout for the magazine, later that same day,

I apologize, but I'm not sure why it got left out.

I went back in, again, just now, and looked at at least five different versions of issue # 1, as it was coming together. I didn't see your review in it any of them.

There was no reason to not include it. It was probably just human error. I will forward it to Mark, again, and ask him to make certain that it makes it into issue # 2.
(11-21-2013, 10:25 AM)Hawk_ Wrote: Telrandir and I are working on something. I'm relying on the unpublished novelist gnome to make me look good.

I don't recall receiving one from Telrandir and yourself.