Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbee help for emmie actions
Hi all, I hope some kind sole can help me. In a second cycle game as the Troll I tried to cause a City to rebel from the Humans using my Duke. My influence is 10 and I am Friendly in the uncontrolled region. There were no other emmies to maintain status at the City. I checked our friendly charts and the results are a yes so you can imagine my surprise when the order failed.

Our game support team quickly pointed out that there is a statement indicating that I should have checked the “Changes concerning Political Actions” for second cycle games. Well now I am very confused as there are no “Changes concerning Political Actions” in the Reference Charts document.

In any case Game Support went on to indicate that Cites are 25% harder to take in the second cycle. So from this I must infer that the tables provided are not for Second Cycle games. Are there a set of tables I should be using for the 2nd cycle games? What other cycles are being run that these tables should be used for?

So now that everything is clear as mud, since a City is 25% harder to take and since my Duke failed at an influence of 10. At what influence level should I expect success? I’m afraid that 25% harder means nothing since I don’t have a reference to increase by 25%.

To summarize:

1. What charts should I use as a reference for political actions in the future, 2nd Cycle?
2. What Influence should I have for a Duke in a friendly, uncontrolled region, to move a City from Human control to Neutral?
3. Will a Human City kill my count that was captured trying to usurp?

Thanks for your help,
George
1) I think Hawk might have a revised chart for 2nd Cycle emissary actions, but I'm not sure about that.

2) I actually use a mathematical rule-of-thumb for emissary chances, it's not perfect, but it's pretty good. In 2nd Cycle, you need approximately the following values to affect the pop center.

Villages
1.25 Friendly
2.5 Tolerant
3.75 Suspicious
5.0 Hostile

Towns
2.5 Friendly
5.0 Tolerant
7.5 Suspicious
10.0 Hostile

Cities
6.25 Friendly
12.5 Tolerant
18.75 Suspicious
25.0 Hostile

This is for rebelling a controlled pop center, or usurping a neutral pop center. To usurp a controlled pop center, double the applicable value.

Added to the numbers above are the factors listed in the rulebook (+/- 15% for Friendly/Hostile controller, and +/- 15% for Control/Minor influence in the region for the controller).

To obtain your own political value, you take your influence and multiply it by your emissary percentage. So for an influence of 10, your Duke has a base 7. But there is also a random factor of +/- 10% of your emissary value, so your Duke could potentially dip as low as 6.

Now, if you had an influence of 11, your duke would be an average of 7.7, and a minimum of 6.6. So barring the other modifiers described above, that would be a yes to rebel a controlled city in a Friendly region, unless someone else is there issuing a 310 order.

3) The prisoner will just sit at that pop center until it becomes controlled, at which time the prisoner would be transferred to the new controller's capital (or set free if you become the new controller, not actually sure if it would bounce back to your capital or stay put).

Hope this helps!
(10-11-2013, 05:55 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: 1) I think Hawk might have a revised chart for 2nd Cycle emissary actions, but I'm not sure about that.

2) I actually use a mathematical rule-of-thumb for emissary chances, it's not perfect, but it's pretty good. In 2nd Cycle, you need approximately the following values to affect the pop center.

Villages
1.25 Friendly
2.5 Tolerant
3.75 Suspicious
5.0 Hostile

Towns
2.5 Friendly
5.0 Tolerant
7.5 Suspicious
10.0 Hostile

Cities
6.25 Friendly
12.5 Tolerant
18.75 Suspicious
25.0 Hostile

This is for rebelling a controlled pop center, or usurping a neutral pop center. To usurp a controlled pop center, double the applicable value.

Added to the numbers above are the factors listed in the rulebook (+/- 15% for Friendly/Hostile controller, and +/- 15% for Control/Minor influence in the region for the controller).

To obtain your own political value, you take your influence and multiply it by your emissary percentage. So for an influence of 10, your Duke has a base 7. But there is also a random factor of +/- 10% of your emissary value, so your Duke could potentially dip as low as 6.

Now, if you had an influence of 11, your duke would be an average of 7.7, and a minimum of 6.6. So barring the other modifiers described above, that would be a yes to rebel a controlled city in a Friendly region, unless someone else is there issuing a 310 order.

3) The prisoner will just sit at that pop center until it becomes controlled, at which time the prisoner would be transferred to the new controller's capital (or set free if you become the new controller, not actually sure if it would bounce back to your capital or stay put).

Hope this helps!

HH handled it very nicely. The origonal yes/no chart was based on a city value of 5 for friendly. Using 6.25 above will give you a more accurate figure.

It sounds like you just had a bad dice roll. Hopefully this turn goes better.
Thanks Guys, This helps