Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic game 500277: Diws/Cunning vs Sancus/Wulfgar
I will give the Fall of Rome players who have already posted here a free game in the Alamaze East vs West format, if interested.  That's six players.  If at least four of you go forward with this, we'll fill any remaining spots with new Alamaze players.  Only caveat is you'd be asked to post on a forum thread about how you contrast preparing for your next Alamaze turn with how you did it in Fall of Rome.

Eventually, I believe Uncle Mike will be able to fix the Fall of Rome java problem.  Right now, he's looking to automate the Alamaze processing, and then game creation.  Game creation with all the variants is taking me about 4 hours per game.  A lot of that is independent of any Alamaze code.  Its all the player accounting, game slots, invoicing, changing service levels, and then eliminating manually all assets one by one for the unused positions. 

Just post on this thread if you're interested. Or even post if you're not, as to why not.
(01-29-2015, 07:36 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I will give the Fall of Rome players who have already posted here a free game in the Alamaze East vs West format, if interested.  That's six players.  If at least four of you go forward with this, we'll fill any remaining spots with new Alamaze players.  Only caveat is you'd be asked to post on a forum thread about how you contrast preparing for your next Alamaze turn with how you did it in Fall of Rome.

Eventually, I believe Uncle Mike will be able to fix the Fall of Rome java problem.  Right now, he's looking to automate the Alamaze processing, and then game creation.  Game creation with all the variants is taking me about 4 hours per game.  A lot of that is independent of any Alamaze code.  Its all the player accounting, game slots, invoicing, changing service levels, and then eliminating manually all assets one by one for the unused positions. 

Just post on this thread if you're interested.  Or even post if you're not, as to why not.
I hope that Uncle Mike subscribes to Agile software development.  As a user, I am happy to be a product owner signing off on the definition of done and acceptance criteria for working code in the next game of FoR!!

Sancus
Mike is a java programmer and we now have Alamaze in java, as is/was Fall of Rome.

Java had an update more than a year ago that wrecked the code somehow for the transfer orders and also required both users to have the latest version and some certificate upgrade that I know nothing about.

Have not stopped thinking about Fall of Rome, and if you, Sancus, know something about those java issues, please send an email to Mike at support@alamaze.co.