Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Anonymous Game?
I know the last one filled only recently, but I'm wondering if there's appetite for another fully-anonymous game (1.5 turns/week)?

If so, it might fill even more quickly than the weekly game that's kicking around right now.

I'd be interested in that. My first choice for kingdoms is... oops.

Nvm.

But yes, I would be interested in a game like that.

(08-01-2013, 04:59 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: I know the last one filled only recently, but I'm wondering if there's appetite for another fully-anonymous game (1.5 turns/week)?

If so, it might fill even more quickly than the weekly game that's kicking around right now.

This is my favorite type...
Lord Thanatos

Well that's three, and this has only been up for about 15 minutes! Smile

Since my 108 GI position is on cruise control, I "might" be up for this.

One other thought for Rick and Cipher on this format... even though we'll all be honor-bound not to reveal any info to each other, what do you think about the idea of designating a few "mentors" -- perhaps even one mentor per new player requesting one -- who aren't playing in this game, so that new players can ask for advice and perhaps even have orders reviewed for mistakes?

This way, perhaps new players won't be too intimidated to join an anonymous game, whereas otherwise they would be jumping in "sink or swim" with more experienced players.

(08-01-2013, 07:08 AM)HeadHoncho Wrote: One other thought for Rick and Cipher on this format... even though we'll all be honor-bound not to reveal any info to each other, what do you think about the idea of designating a few "mentors" -- perhaps even one mentor per new player requesting one -- who aren't playing in this game, so that new players can ask for advice and perhaps even have orders reviewed for mistakes?

This way, perhaps new players won't be too intimidated to join an anonymous game, whereas otherwise they would be jumping in "sink or swim" with more experienced players.

There are plenty of mentors available to answer general questions on the forums and via PM.

Designating players to help other players who are supposed to be entirely anonymous, secret, and on their own sounds antithetical to the whole idea of the game. If a player isn't comfortable joining an anonymous game, then there are other different game types to join.
Silent One

(08-01-2013, 01:47 PM)paway Wrote: There are plenty of mentors available to answer general questions on the forums and via PM.

Designating players to help other players who are supposed to be entirely anonymous, secret, and on their own sounds antithetical to the whole idea of the game. If a player isn't comfortable joining an anonymous game, then there are other different game types to join.

Well, asking a question on the forum runs the risk of a player outing himself or herself, and I'm not sure everyone would be comfortable just PMing another forum poster who he or she doesn't even know.

The mentor would be similarly sworn to secrecy, and the reason I suggested one per new player is to prevent cross-pollination of info. (Doubt there would be much demand for this, anyway, maybe three or four, tops.)

And while you're correct that there are other types of games to play, this one is quite novel and therefore might appeal strongly to some folks.

Anyway, it may be too much hassle, which is why it was just a thought. Smile

Very well, we have opened a thread in Sign-Up for the Second Anonymous Steel Game. See the format there. This thread is now closed.