Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Sightings
Two quick questions:

1) A group moving through a square with an unusual sighting does not reveal it; a group must land on the square. Is that correct?

2) Can an unusual sighting ever occur in a square with a PC?

Thanks so much!
~Jason
(07-16-2013, 01:18 PM)j2klbs Wrote: Two quick questions:

1) A group moving through a square with an unusual sighting does not reveal it; a group must land on the square. Is that correct?

2) Can an unusual sighting ever occur in a square with a PC?

Thanks so much!
~Jason

1. Correct. You have to land on, or recon, that particular area to find unusual sightings.

2. No, sir. Some pcs do start with an artifact embedded, however. Palantirs and Rings of Protection.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Thanks Lord Diamond!

Point of clarification, the PC's that start with artifacts (rings and palantirs) would still not be an "unusual sighting", right? In other words, whoever takes the PC will get the artifact without need to send group leaders to investigate.

~Jason
(07-16-2013, 02:03 PM)j2klbs Wrote: Thanks Lord Diamond!

Point of clarification, the PC's that start with artifacts (rings and palantirs) would still not be an "unusual sighting", right? In other words, whoever takes the PC will get the artifact without need to send group leaders to investigate.

~Jason

That's correct. They just sit there in the town square waiting for a thief to come along and steal them or for someone to claim control of the pc. If the player is smart, he then transfers it to a location a bit more secure since the artifact would transfer to any claimant to the pc.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Thanks again! Really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Best,
~Jason
Can an emissary, or a group, or a PC have more than one artifact? My group just found one and is about to investigate for another.
Yes, they can.
Are unusual sightings ever on water squares?
(10-29-2013, 12:06 PM)Jumbie Wrote: Are unusual sightings ever on water squares?

frequently, lots of little islands out there...
Can be dangerous going to investigate a water hex, especially if your group contains some valuable wizards. An unfriendly power could sabotage seapower with agents, sea patrol to catch your group moving, etc. Doesn't happen a lot, but something to be aware of...risk/reward ratio.