Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rings of Protection
I was asked if a Ring of Protection (RoP) prevents Sleep.

My gut response was 'yes, of course'.

However, I checked the code to be sure and discovered a couple of pieces of information, that are worthwhile to share with all players.

While the best information is obtained by using the Learn Artifact Power Spell (#796), I will publish that a RoP provides % reduction/protection against agent orders and spells that target the emmisary possessing the ring.

Secondly, mulitple RoP owned by the same emmissary will stack, but with the laws of diminishing returns in place. A second (or additional) RoPs will increase the protection, but only with a portion of the additional RoPs effectiveness. This hold true for up to a total of 4 RoPs, a fifth RoP will add no additional protection.
(07-15-2013, 10:05 AM)Cipher Wrote: I was asked if a Ring of Protection (RoP) prevents Sleep.

However, I checked the code to be sure and discovered a couple of pieces of information, that are worthwhile to share with all players.

While the best information is obtained by using the Learn Artifact Power Spell (#796), I will publish that a RoP provides % reduction/protection against agent orders and spells that target the emmisary possessing the ring.

Secondly, mulitple RoP owned by the same emmissary will stack, but with the laws of diminishing returns in place. A second (or additional) RoPs will increase the protection, but only with a portion of the additional RoPs effectiveness. This hold true for up to a total of 4 RoPs, a fifth RoP will add no additional protection.

Wow. Thanks for the info, Cipher. I'd always operated under the assumption the Ring provide total protection from sleep and a % aid against kidnap/assassination. Much appreciated.
You need to either do 796 or find the ring in an encounter to get the specifics. I know I've found one in an encounter and it tells you what the different percentages are.
-The Deliverer
(07-15-2013, 10:05 AM)Cipher Wrote: I was asked if a Ring of Protection (RoP) prevents Sleep.

Yeah, one for the thumb after you got the fingers covered. Just for the bling aspect.