Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Cycle Incite/Usurp Bonuses
(07-10-2013, 04:11 PM)kevindusi Wrote: I think those numbers are a good guideline. I've only ever had one time where they let me down, and as Cipher can attest that turn I had also done some pretty boneheaded things in my order submission, including something that convinced the 'system' that I was ordering my troops to attack themselves.... so who knows how much that factored in. FYI, never order your troops to attack themselves. Bad things happen.

For me, I'll continue to use the "old" figures (my own are ever-so-slightly different than above - mine being slightly higher) but if it comes down to a matter of it looking close, I probably won't be as apt to count on success.

Finally, while I'm an accountant and EVERYTHING devolves into math eventually (I'm using an Excel workbook that says it was created in 2001 by John Moe to keep track of my orders, odds, etc.), I agree with Cipher that some times a little uncertainty is best. It also keeps us "veterans" from having too much of an edge.

Two questions:
1. Where is the player aid to keep track of orders, odds, etc.?, and;
2. Where is John Moe? He should have been one of the first back.

Incidentally, we are making progress on a couple things we needed in place to reach out to more people. Website and web order entry progressing.
(07-10-2013, 04:27 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: 2. Where is John Moe? He should have been one of the first back.

John Moe! What a blast from the past. Would be great to get him back on board. Also would love to find Danny O'B, but there are a ton of people out there with his name. Smile
Is the regional control modifier all PC's or just cities. Because I think it says cities only in the commands.
I looked up Theron Martin - oddly; Google found that he'd been involved in some weird Magic:The Gathering scandal. Anyway, I left a message for him on Facebook, but never heard back.
Moe knows about the restart, I invited him to be one of the original play testers but didn't hear back besides a few basic life-catchup emails.

(07-10-2013, 06:07 PM)Jumbie Wrote: Is the regional control modifier all PC's or just cities. Because I think it says cities only in the commands.
Regional reaction affects all PC interactions.
(07-10-2013, 04:27 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 04:11 PM)kevindusi Wrote: I think those numbers are a good guideline. I've only ever had one time where they let me down, and as Cipher can attest that turn I had also done some pretty boneheaded things in my order submission, including something that convinced the 'system' that I was ordering my troops to attack themselves.... so who knows how much that factored in. FYI, never order your troops to attack themselves. Bad things happen.

For me, I'll continue to use the "old" figures (my own are ever-so-slightly different than above - mine being slightly higher) but if it comes down to a matter of it looking close, I probably won't be as apt to count on success.

Finally, while I'm an accountant and EVERYTHING devolves into math eventually (I'm using an Excel workbook that says it was created in 2001 by John Moe to keep track of my orders, odds, etc.), I agree with Cipher that some times a little uncertainty is best. It also keeps us "veterans" from having too much of an edge.

Two questions:
1. Where is the player aid to keep track of orders, odds, etc.?, and;
2. Where is John Moe? He should have been one of the first back.

Incidentally, we are making progress on a couple things we needed in place to reach out to more people. Website and web order entry progressing.

I should have responded back to this earlier... I'm happy to email what I use out to anyone. Since the spreadsheet is so old it has the normal macro-attrition, so some of the original features no longer work. If it was in 100% functional condition, I'd post it up here so you could just download it. Since it's partially funky, anyone that wants it just shoot me a line at kdusi13@gmail.com.
-The Deliverer
I looked up Theron Martin - oddly; Google found that he'd been involved in some weird Magic:The Gathering scandal. Anyway, I left a message for him on Facebook, but never heard back.

Even more bizarre is a guy named Dupont wrote an article about the "cheating scandal" this guy was involved inWink

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/...eview.html
(07-11-2013, 05:16 PM)Kalrex Wrote: I looked up Theron Martin - oddly; Google found that he'd been involved in some weird Magic:The Gathering scandal. Anyway, I left a message for him on Facebook, but never heard back.

Even more bizarre is a guy named Dupont wrote an article about the "cheating scandal" this guy was involved inWink

That's beyond bizarre as my handle is based on Pierre S 'Pete' DuPont IV, a former presidential candidate and the author of that article is not just named DuPont, but Pierre DuPont. I'm sure it's not my namesake writing that article, but perhaps a younger relative?
(07-11-2013, 06:03 PM)DuPont Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 05:16 PM)Kalrex Wrote: I looked up Theron Martin - oddly; Google found that he'd been involved in some weird Magic:The Gathering scandal. Anyway, I left a message for him on Facebook, but never heard back.

That's beyond bizarre as my handle is based on Pierre S 'Pete' DuPont IV, a former presidential candidate and the author of that article is not just named DuPont, but Pierre DuPont. I'm sure it's not my namesake writing that article, but perhaps a younger relative?

DuPont, Colbert, George R Martin, some others I'm leaving out from other posts. Isn't anyone playing this game just a "normal" guy?
I'm secretly a Rajput prince.