Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Order 702 Poorly Worded
Maybe I am reading something wrong, but I think the wording on Order #702 could be cleaned up.

It states, "...reactivate it by providing it with at least a leader, and potentially with troops and a wizard from an active group." This wording indicates that you MUST provide it with a leader. However, later the order description states, "A leader is not required to be transferred to the formerly inactive group...".

So, these two sentences appear to me to be contradictory. Can anyone please let me know if I am misreading it? Or, if I am not, which is true? Do I need to provide a leader or can I simply split off troops alone.

Thanks!
~Jason
You can split the troops off alone.
-The Deliverer
(07-01-2013, 05:51 PM)j2klbs Wrote: Maybe I am reading something wrong, but I think the wording on Order #702 could be cleaned up.

It states, "...reactivate it by providing it with at least a leader, and potentially with troops and a wizard from an active group." This wording indicates that you MUST provide it with a leader. However, later the order description states, "A leader is not required to be transferred to the formerly inactive group...".

So, these two sentences appear to me to be contradictory. Can anyone please let me know if I am misreading it? Or, if I am not, which is true? Do I need to provide a leader or can I simply split off troops alone.

Thanks!
~Jason

The Rules need some editing. You should have seen them four months ago, not so good. Generally nothing is inaccurate, its just the writing I sometimes cringe about. Lots of hands in there over 25 years.
leader or leaderless brigade, usually a leader is seen as less than a brigade, so, at least a leader.

you can get a piece of chocholate from me with at least a smile. or you can get it from me by paying five dollar, a smile is not needed to get a chocholate from me if you pay five dollar.
(07-06-2013, 12:36 PM)Lord1 Wrote: leader or leaderless brigade, usually a leader is seen as less than a brigade, so, at least a leader.

you can get a piece of chocholate from me with at least a smile. or you can get it from me by paying five dollar, a smile is not needed to get a chocholate from me if you pay five dollar.

More cringing.
(07-06-2013, 12:36 PM)Lord1 Wrote: leader or leaderless brigade, usually a leader is seen as less than a brigade, so, at least a leader.

WTH? You really need to stay out of Kalrex' stash.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.