Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Ally/Limited Ally
(06-30-2013, 11:39 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: This variant should have been named 'No Diplomacy'.

Actually, kingdoms may have some diplomacy between them via orders 341-349 and may declare another an ally/enemy so another name would be more appropriate.

How about run a poll to name this format Smile
No Diplomacy
Silent Mode
Everyone On Their Own
You Talk I Break Your Face
...etc.

(06-30-2013, 11:12 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 07:57 PM)Lord Thanatos Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 06:46 PM)Hawk_ Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 05:23 PM)Tripwire Wrote: I have found quite the opposite in games like Hyborean War and Duelmasters. Players tend to follow the rules pretty much to the letter with the exception of accidents or not knowing. I have found most people are actually honest when it comes to gaming. It seems there would be a lot of cheating but there rarely is.

I think there are enough players feeling the time constraints of playing multiple fast turn around high diplomacy games that they would be inclined to TRY this idea.

I am currently inclined to move to the 1 week format to slow things down. However, I think I could manage the fast turn around no ally HONOR BASED concept.

Maybe the forum could be used to arrange food trades.

Also I think the format could be especially hard on the UN but maybe that is just my perspective.

Hell No!

I will gladly play the UN in such a format. With limited communication between players the UN will be truly feared - I promise.

The most difficult problem the UN faces is the alliances among other kingdoms...

As the purveyor of Alamaze, and having noted animosity and accusations in public games, I am a bit concerned about what will ensue with an honor system. Are we now to enforce the honor system, with no means to do so? Field complaints of cheating? We also are geared with personas, so we would need to implement multiple personas which we aren't setup to do presently for anonymity, not to mention some of the other suggestions for additional rule changes. I can just see a lot of backlash from this. We already have five variants going. But I might do The Writ. This is a lot of stuff to do that means we wouldn't be doing other stuff, which means everything else is pushed back. Would this just be a free new option?

There is no way to enforce this.

The reason this type of contest appeals to a number of players (like me) is because of some players always working together and not attacking each other in any of their contests and multiple (3, 4 or more) players attacking a single player, etc.

I have found the best way of dealing with the above nonsense (other than taking a breath and wishing that players actually enjoyed challenges rather than 4 on 1 beat downs) is to play Titan games. Everyone should become an Imperator and play at least one Titan game. Just publicly challenge another player to a Titan game and both of you become Imperators.

Multi-player games have the huge advantage of playing against the devious minds of many living opponents instead of just one devious mind. Even with the problems I complained of in this post, multi-player games as a genre are easily the most challenging contests and, therefore, the most fun and mentally stimulating (even if I wish nobody ever joined a contest with a pre-arranged agreement with another player or even a preexisting tendency to work with the same players over and over.)

Players who do not invest vast amounts of time in conducting interplayer diplomacy are definitely at a distinct disadvantage in Alamaze. This disadvantage is what is being addressed by this thread. I firmly believe the answer is Titan games. One turn a week (six kingdoms for each player to manage) and zero diplomacy required! All of the fun and excitement and zero diplomacy required! A chance to quickly become proficient with each of the available kingdoms and zero diplomacy required!
Lord Thanatos

Like I said I am just throwing around ideas that I hadn't see brought up. If it isn't feasible or would delay other things than by all means don't go with it.

This was more meant as a discussion about the possibility really. I wouldn't be able to join any time soon to another game anyway. I have my hands full with 1 game!

These types of Privacy games have been running successfully and with little to no drama in Hyborian War for years.

Like others have said I have been surprised with the level of honesty shown by 99% of the players in these games. Having played in a few games since returning I feel safe that the player base here would be just as honest.