Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If first spell fails, will second succeed?
(01-04-2014, 01:49 AM)DuPont Wrote: From making mistakes on order submissions, I can tell you that the 2nd noble will not relocate - even though his lower-numbered order would fail as not being necessary, it would count as his action for the turn.

In one of my games I have a standing order to raise influence, I then tried to move my king, order 350 when I meant to move my duke. I got the error report that the king can only move via the move capital order.

What was interesting is when the raise influence order rolled around, I got the report that my King had all ready perform an action so the raise influence failed.
I did learn one thing from my "mentor".
It makes sense. Your king spent several weeks packing his royal jewels rather than bribing merchants and guild masters for more influence. The problem was that he forgot to tell the rest of the Court that they needed to pack as well. The king obviously can't just move without his Court! Even though he wasn't able to move, that doesn't change the fact that he wasted a great deal of time.

In the future, he will need to be more organized if he wants to get things done.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(01-04-2014, 10:39 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: It makes sense. Your king spent several weeks packing his royal jewels rather than bribing merchants and guild masters for more influence. The problem was that he forgot to tell the rest of the Court that they needed to pack as well. The king obviously can't just move without his Court! Even though he wasn't able to move, that doesn't change the fact that he wasted a great deal of time.

In the future, he will need to be more organized if he wants to get things done.

I agree, Perfect sense! Smile

Not being sarcastic either Smile
I did learn one thing from my "mentor".
The program mechanics for this relate to when in the processing of an order does the actor get tagged with 'committing an action', which is particular to each order. Similarly, the costs for an action are deducted during the process of working through each of the tests and impacts of the particular order. I don't think much has been done to change when the actor is committed or when funds are consumed relative to the tests/actions themselves in years.
It's probably pretty easy to make arguments on both sides of some of the placements, so I don't think this is high priority area for coding improvements. But if there is something that is egregious, I'd be willing to consider changes with Ry Vor's agreement.
For something like this, I'd say not to worry about changes until/unless you are already doing something else that is closely related. It's not a big deal and it's as easy to avoid as many other common mistakes.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Yeah, this isn't something that comes up in normal play. Mostly I was just looking for an exploit so I could hedge bets.

(Reminds me of the time when I was young that I started reading the Quran in English cover to cover and my muslim family was very impressed with my diligence, but I was really just checking to see where the boundaries on bad behavior were and what I could get away with.)