Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keys
I'm unsure what the current code is regards the keys-

If I get the encounter that requires a specific key and I get the artifact does the key remain in the game afterwards?
That's a good question, especially if you need a certain number of artifacts to complete your quest. I think they do stay, but I can't prove it.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(05-07-2013, 04:10 AM)Kalrex Wrote: I'm unsure what the current code is regards the keys-

If I get the encounter that requires a specific key and I get the artifact does the key remain in the game afterwards?

Are you saying you got the artifact without the key? That shouldn't be possible.
If you're saying you have the key and go to the quest site then the key should be consumed to gain entrance.
Or you could just keep the key and not get the artifact. Kind of like getting voted out of Survivor holding a hidden immunity idol. And if Cochran wins this current season, I'm going to totally name an upcoming King after him.
(05-07-2013, 10:12 AM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 04:10 AM)Kalrex Wrote: I'm unsure what the current code is regards the keys-

Are you saying you got the artifact without the key? That shouldn't be possible.
If you're saying you have the key and go to the quest site then the key should be consumed to gain entrance.

That's what he was asking. He wanted to know if he would end up with the item and the Key or just the item. Thanks!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

If you have a Key, is there any particular way to specifically look for the artifact it refers to? Neither upon receiving the Key (via Unusual Sighting) nor casting spell #796 did I receive the short name / location of the target. Is this working-as-intended?
(10-04-2013, 04:02 PM)Iatronas Wrote: If you have a Key, is there any particular way to specifically look for the artifact it refers to? Neither upon receiving the Key (via Unusual Sighting) nor casting spell #796 did I receive the short name / location of the target. Is this working-as-intended?

It is working as intended. You can have your HP divine for the specific type of artifact the key belongs to. Consider it part of the Quest!

In one of my games, I know where three of the major artifacts are located but I can't seem to find the keys!

At least one of the Keys does give you a short name.
 Lord Diamond

One of the few changes we are making to Alamaze Classic is in the quest unusual sightings.

Now, when you are at the sighting of the superior artifact without the appropriate key, you will gain the short name of the key.

If you recover the key, you will gain the short name of the related artifact.
That will be nice when that change goes into effect! For now, I have a Key, and my HP will keep trying to find the major artifact associated with it.