Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The scope of counter-espionage
More of an inside joke in regards to Jumbie's 103 HC seat. It's on the chopping block this turn. He's my natural enemy so I feel it's my job to point out his blunders, and obvious strategy flaws.
Jumbie's going to punish you in future games I have a feeling...
Not strategically possible.
---Does counter-espionage counter escape attempts by emissaries themselves (#385)as well as agents breaking emmies out of jail?

---Can a Guard command be given for the agent themselves? i.e. Agent Orange can be assigned to Guard Agent Orange and make it harder for Agent Orange to get killed or kidnapped?

(05-09-2013, 11:06 PM)bluefile2 Wrote: Not strategically possible.

Yeah, because you've been avoiding games with me in them. :-)
(04-29-2014, 01:00 AM)Jumbie Wrote: ---Does counter-espionage counter escape attempts by emissaries themselves (#385)as well as agents breaking emmies out of jail?

With regard to 385 and 920. 920 does NOT impact order 385 at all.

My answer is based on an inquiry I opened after a GI Duke escaped from me in game 129 while my level 10 agent was on 920. Wyand also told me that he had a prisoner escape while his level 20+ UN agent was on 920.

Therefore, there is currently no good way to prevent prisoners from escaping. I think a lot of players may not realize this.
A sleep spell is a good way to keep a prisoner from escaping, but may not be worth it...
There is a great way to prevent prisoners from escaping. Kill them.
(04-29-2014, 08:58 AM)Hawk_ Wrote:
(04-29-2014, 01:00 AM)Jumbie Wrote: ---Does counter-espionage counter escape attempts by emissaries themselves (#385)as well as agents breaking emmies out of jail?

My answer is based on an inquiry I opened after a GI Duke escaped from me in game 129 while my level 10 agent was on 920. Wyand also told me that he had a prisoner escape while his level 20+ UN agent was on 920.

Therefore, there is currently no good way to prevent prisoners from escaping. I think a lot of players may not realize this.

Will a 920 order used the turn before the escape attempt work?
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(04-29-2014, 07:02 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(04-29-2014, 08:58 AM)Hawk_ Wrote:

Will a 920 order used the turn before the escape attempt work?

My post was confusing but the answer to your question is NO it will not.

The sleep spell will stop 385 but it will also prevent bribes and it can be countered with a ward.

DuPont is right killing them is probably best but then you can't bribe them either.
I will be speaking telepathically with Cipher on two new orders along these lines:
1. Can relocate a prisoner to a controlled PC by paying his normal action cost;
2. An order for an agent just to guard prisoners in his base.

I think we will be changing agent odds of success and being killed by around 10 points in each case, but if that is pretty involved it will wait for 3rd Cycle. So for example, if right now an L4 Agent had a 30% chance of assassinating a Baron, and a 35% chance of being caught and executed, it would be more like 20% chance of success and 25% chance of being caught when we get this in place. This is again intended to signal an agent calls the mission off more often if it appears very dangerous, and for the players, less chance of losing that long developing agent at the expense of not succeeding in some missions.