Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The scope of counter-espionage
If I'm the Elves, trying to sabotage the WI's seapower in the sea of Terror (because elves are sneaky like that) and the Dwarves are running a counter-espionage to protect their mighty navy, is the Dwarven agent eligible to catch my saboteur even though he isn't targeting the Dwarves?

Is it the same if I'm sabotaging the defense of a PC where a third kingdom is doing counter-espionage?
Also does an agent on counter espionage ignore an allied kingdom's agents?
As far as I know the counter-espionage protects a particular kingdom's navy in a sea, not all navies in the sea.

A counter-espionage on PC however, if I recall correctly, is effective versus all agent activities, even allied agents.

(05-01-2013, 11:45 PM)Jumbie Wrote: Also does an agent on counter espionage ignore an allied kingdom's agents?
I don't understand your question.

(05-02-2013, 09:45 PM)davekuyk Wrote: As far as I know the counter-espionage protects a particular kingdom's navy in a sea, not all navies in the sea.

A counter-espionage on PC however, if I recall correctly, is effective versus all agent activities, even allied agents.

(05-01-2013, 11:45 PM)Jumbie Wrote: Also does an agent on counter espionage ignore an allied kingdom's agents?

Based upon recent experience, the agent cannot perform a mission for another kingdom in a PC. The order fails. I don't understand why you would want to perform an agent mission against an ally, btw.
My concern is that you might inadvertently interfere with an ally.

e.g. you ask an allied agent to kill an emissary in your town at the same time you have a standing order to protect the town's defenses with a counter-espionage.

I was worried that your agent will end up capturing your ally's agent.
(05-03-2013, 08:30 PM)Jumbie Wrote: My concern is that you might inadvertently interfere with an ally.

e.g. you ask an allied agent to kill an emissary in your town at the same time you have a standing order to protect the town's defenses with a counter-espionage.

I was worried that your agent will end up capturing your ally's agent.

From what I understand, counter (920) won't impact an assassination attempt. Only guard (925) will do that.
-The Deliverer
Does it protect high council seats?
(05-09-2013, 05:28 PM)bluefile2 Wrote: Does it protect high council seats?

Is that a legit question?
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Nope Smile
(05-09-2013, 09:05 PM)bluefile2 Wrote: Nope Smile

Thank God.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.