Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alamaze Forum
Rick McDowell wanted a few changes made to the forum, so over the next several days, I'll be fiddling around with the color scheme, header image, and a few other things.

Just a heads up.
While you're redecorating, can we get some new couches?
We need a link at the top of the page that takes us back to the 'My Kingdoms' sign in. Thanks.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I think the new header for the forums looks good except that instead of "...Return..." I'd go with something like "---Return---" or "~~~Return~~~"

The first one with ellipses looks like the ellipses are meant to be a pause.
(04-15-2013, 01:07 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: We need a link at the top of the page that takes us back to the 'My Kingdoms' sign in. Thanks.

Give me the URL address for it.
(04-15-2013, 10:16 PM)Maximus Dominus Wrote:
(04-15-2013, 01:07 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: We need a link at the top of the page that takes us back to the 'My Kingdoms' sign in. Thanks.

Give me the URL address for it.

I'd skip this for now. The equivalent of Alamaze "My Kingdoms" won't be the same URL as the FoR URL. We are waiting on "The gods" to deliver us an Alamaze website that we'll want a link to.
(04-15-2013, 10:38 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: I'd skip this for now. The equivalent of Alamaze "My Kingdoms" won't be the same URL as the FoR URL. We are waiting on "The gods" to deliver us an Alamaze website that we'll want a link to.

Well, hopefully, these "gods" of yours will move this forum there. That would probably make more sense than just linking it to a URL that will be different from the other site's domain name.

I hope that it isn't the same "gods" that you were using, when you and I first met in that Yahoo Group, years back. Who was that? 352 and the Planet? Something like that.
This is still the Fall of Rome site too, no? I would think that FoR would warrant a link to the site from the Forums...
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(04-15-2013, 03:16 AM)Maximus Dominus Wrote: Rick McDowell wanted a few changes made to the forum, so over the next several days, I'll be fiddling around with the color scheme, header image, and a few other things.

Just a heads up.

Players on the forum home page can press control and F5 to see the new (as of yet not final) graphics. These and a few other things could change over the next few days.
I like the infinite silver knots. I'm still seeing little helmets for the links to the blog etc under the giant 'Alamaze'.