Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Design Changes
(05-17-2013, 09:28 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(05-17-2013, 09:58 AM)Jumbie Wrote: I suggest that the priestess be automatically replaced by a new priestess after surviving 6 divinations.

Right now, I have a priestess who has survived 5 which is slightly beating the odds. From a role play perspective, which is a big part of the reason I play, it feels weird to be pushing this woman to divine indefinitely until she drops. Especially playing a kingdom like the Rangers which is supposed to represent the noblest line of men.

In game mechanics terms I suspect it wouldn't be that hard because it would mean changing the Priestess name and inserting a short text message that the old priestess has retired.

This way I feel less imaginarily misogynistic about driving a woman to death.

I think this one would be a waste of programming hours. I haven't had an HP survive even two divinations. I even lost two in one turn. Very annoying.
You just figured out that women are unreliable and very annoying?
Suggestion for a new recon order: Trail Emissary.

We already have a similar order, #691 for trailing groups if we know their starting position. If we know the name and location of an emissary we should be able to follow them to their next location with an agent.
(06-07-2013, 03:57 PM)Jumbie Wrote: Suggestion for a new recon order: Trail Emissary.

We already have a similar order, #691 for trailing groups if we know their starting position. If we know the name and location of an emissary we should be able to follow them to their next location with an agent.

I actually like that one.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(06-07-2013, 04:05 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 03:57 PM)Jumbie Wrote: Suggestion for a new recon order: Trail Emissary.

I actually like that one.

I second that.
-The Deliverer
Perhaps the limitation could be that the character must land somewhere within the agent's range.

'Guard' might also protect the character from being followed.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

PARLAY/DIPLO should bounce foreign nobles if they succeed IMO.
(06-10-2013, 03:12 AM)Kalrex Wrote: PARLAY/DIPLO should bounce foreign nobles if they succeed IMO.

I disagree. I think that this is part of the consequence of going in peacefully instead of attacking. I imagine that it would be hard to convince the townsfolk how nice you are if part of the negotiations included demands that no other foreigners be allowed to remain in town.
 Lord Diamond

Suggestion for new ability for the Underworld player:

TROJAN HORSE SNEAK ATTACK.

If the UN has an agent inside an enemy PC at the same time that a UN group is in the same area, the agent may open the gates of the PC so that the group can make a sneak attack to take control of the PC.

Villages will defend at 25% normal strength. Towns at 50% and cities at 75%. (or 40%, 60%, 80% etc)

The order must specify the agent and which one attacking group will take part in the sneak attack.

Optional modification:

Forces larger than army size cannot use sneak attack.

Agent must be minimum level 4.

Agents on counter-espionage can prevent this attack entirely OR agents can prevent the sabotage only, so that the group attacks the PC at its full strength.
(06-10-2013, 04:23 PM)Jumbie Wrote: Suggestion for new ability for the Underworld player:

TROJAN HORSE SNEAK ATTACK.

If the UN has an agent inside an enemy PC at the same time that a UN group is in the same area, the agent may open the gates of the PC so that the group can make a sneak attack to take control of the PC.

Villages will defend at 25% normal strength. Towns at 50% and cities at 75%. (or 40%, 60%, 80% etc)

The order must specify the agent and which one attacking group will take part in the sneak attack.

Optional modification:

Forces larger than army size cannot use sneak attack.

Agent must be minimum level 4.

Agents on counter-espionage can prevent this attack entirely OR agents can prevent the sabotage only, so that the group attacks the PC at its full strength.

Needs to be a higher level agent, some additional resource costs for bribes/setup/etc and could be open to other (named in the order) kingdom...
C
"I disagree. I think that this is part of the consequence of going in peacefully instead of attacking. I imagine that it would be hard to convince the townsfolk how nice you are if part of the negotiations included demands that no other foreigners be allowed to remain in town."

But then there's the "Army" in the town or Village lets say. Lets say the Village has an AG there with 30K+ troops and the Village populace is 8K or 12K or more/less... so they fly the flag of the AG and then here comes Governor from another kingdom, while 30K man army group is sitting there, and he gets up there and gives a speech and then the populace casts out the new leadership and the Governor walks into the local mansion... all the while a 30K man army sits there and watches? That makes sense to you Diamond?