Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Design Changes
The order is most often used to keep other's from taking your pc.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(04-13-2013, 09:49 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The order is most often used to keep other's from taking your pc.

I would like a new order called DISBAND PATROL

Currently if you have a patrol stuck in a corner of the map there is no way to get trid of it except by moving it across the map and combining it with another group.

I would like to loose the captain that I put in charge of the group and have that group slot available in another location on the map.

Another option would be if the REORGANIZE brigade order is used on a patrol then the partol would disband.
(04-21-2013, 09:55 PM)Hawk_ Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 09:49 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The order is most often used to keep other's from taking your pc.

Currently if you have a patrol stuck in a corner of the map there is no way to get trid of it except by moving it across the map and combining it with another group.

I would like to loose the captain that I put in charge of the group and have that group slot available in another location on the map.

Another option would be if the REORGANIZE brigade order is used on a patrol then the partol would disband.

Most players would cringe at the thought of losing a leader or wizard in Alamaze since they cannot be easily replaced except, possibly, through battle.

How did you manage to get a captain so far away that he became useless to you?

I doubt that this order would gain enough support to justify the programming time. You might consider sharing your poor captain's name with a local kingdom or the Underworld for use as practice for their assassins.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(04-22-2013, 06:45 AM)Lord Diamond Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 09:55 PM)Hawk_ Wrote:

Most players would cringe at the thought of losing a leader or wizard in Alamaze since they cannot be easily replaced except, possibly, through battle.

How did you manage to get a captain so far away that he became useless to you?

I doubt that this order would gain enough support to justify the programming time. You might consider sharing your poor captain's name with a local kingdom or the Underworld for use as practice for their assassins.

I would not disband a wizard because those are hard to get.

Captains however are free and plentiful if you are a military kingdom involved in a lot of combat.

I actually did not go entirely to the other side of the map I just went looking for unsual sitings and PC's and and now need to chase my other groups with this single captain.

I recall a variety of times in the past when I would have used this order.
Usually later in the game.

Some of the command ideas may sound silly until you are stuck in the situation and realize there could be an easy fix if a particular order existed.
I'd like to suggest an order: IMPOSE MARTIAL LAW ON PC. Or alternatively, IMPOSE CURFEW.

The order would only be possible if you have a group in the same area as a PC you control. It would give you a chance to capture non-allied emissaries/agents already in your PC before the group arrived. It would also give you a chance to capture agents attempting missions in the PC under martial law.

As a penalty of imposing martial law, production in the PC will drop a considerable amount from the movement/activity restrictions and morale of the group will drop from oppressing fellow citizens.

----------------------

I suggest this command because the game allows you to capture non-allied emissaries when you take a town militarily bu doesn't give you an option to root out emissaries when your military shows up at a town you own.
I suggest that the priestess be automatically replaced by a new priestess after surviving 6 divinations.

Right now, I have a priestess who has survived 5 which is slightly beating the odds. From a role play perspective, which is a big part of the reason I play, it feels weird to be pushing this woman to divine indefinitely until she drops. Especially playing a kingdom like the Rangers which is supposed to represent the noblest line of men.

In game mechanics terms I suspect it wouldn't be that hard because it would mean changing the Priestess name and inserting a short text message that the old priestess has retired.

This way I feel less imaginarily misogynistic about driving a woman to death.
You're doing it wrong - you are supposed to use 'em up and then discard them. Makes me think of this line from the unused theme song to the James Bond film Thunderball:

He's fast and he's cool
He's from the school that loves and leaves 'em
A pity if it grieves 'em
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang's not a fool

I wonder if it's possible to name your king 'Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'? Think Cypher would let that one go through?
The odds of surviving 5 divinations are about 24%. Not spectacular, but I think the lady's earned a break.
(05-17-2013, 12:31 AM)Jumbie Wrote: I'd like to suggest an order: IMPOSE MARTIAL LAW ON PC. Or alternatively, IMPOSE CURFEW.

The order would only be possible if you have a group in the same area as a PC you control. It would give you a chance to capture non-allied emissaries/agents already in your PC before the group arrived. It would also give you a chance to capture agents attempting missions in the PC under martial law.

As a penalty of imposing martial law, production in the PC will drop a considerable amount from the movement/activity restrictions and morale of the group will drop from oppressing fellow citizens.

----------------------

I suggest this command because the game allows you to capture non-allied emissaries when you take a town militarily bu doesn't give you an option to root out emissaries when your military shows up at a town you own.

Might be a decent idea.
 Lord Diamond

(05-17-2013, 09:58 AM)Jumbie Wrote: I suggest that the priestess be automatically replaced by a new priestess after surviving 6 divinations.

Right now, I have a priestess who has survived 5 which is slightly beating the odds. From a role play perspective, which is a big part of the reason I play, it feels weird to be pushing this woman to divine indefinitely until she drops. Especially playing a kingdom like the Rangers which is supposed to represent the noblest line of men.

In game mechanics terms I suspect it wouldn't be that hard because it would mean changing the Priestess name and inserting a short text message that the old priestess has retired.

This way I feel less imaginarily misogynistic about driving a woman to death.

I think this one would be a waste of programming hours. I haven't had an HP survive even two divinations. I even lost two in one turn. Very annoying.
 Lord Diamond