Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banners of Alamaze?
The printed booklet I got way back when had a listing of the banners of Alamaze's kingdoms. No pic. Just a description.

I used them to put flags on my map.

The Urik were a Black sun on a yellow field. Dark Elves were a coiled snake on a green field. Westmen had a blue lion I think.

Anyone have access to the full list anywhere?
I remember this. Must have been in the initial Oracles that aren't in the database. I think we're missing 1-4. It would be nice if anyone finds them to put them on this site...

I like banners/Heraldry art. TSR's last setting, Birthright, mainly used this sort of art for it's kingdom covers. Tony Szczudlo was the artist- I wound up buying them all from him and to some extent those are better looking in person than the Brom covers of the same era.
I never saw the first set of Oracles. I think we should have a contest to come up with banners and we can all vote on the ones we like best for each kingdom.
This was in the setup/rules I received back in 1996. Not the Oracle.

It was listed in the addenda along with the tables on success rates for agents etc (sidenote. I may even have this stuff locked in a box somewhere. Gotta go over to my parent's house and search around)
I have mine and will look. I think though it derived from the initial Oracles.
I remember playing with RSI and sending an "in game message" to the SO kingdom which was just a poorly drawn version of his flag on fire. Ah, the good ole days.
Is this when you were in 6th grade? Heh. I can just imagine some 30 year old 'serious' player on the other end getting it and going, "What the f...?" You musta made somebody's day.

You know, between this and your Tijuana story, I'm getting the impression that you're not the most mature among us.

Oh yeah, but to get to my point...Since you drew this burning flag, do you perchance remember what it was?
Yes, this was when I was in the sixth grade. TJ was when I was a senior in high school. Not the most mature in my youth, I admit... but my love of fun remains unchanged.

I think it was stars or a crescent moon on a blue background? For SO. Not positive.
(04-10-2013, 01:07 PM)Kalrex Wrote: I remember this. Must have been in the initial Oracles that aren't in the database. I think we're missing 1-4. It would be nice if anyone finds them to put them on this site...

I like banners/Heraldry art. TSR's last setting, Birthright, mainly used this sort of art for it's kingdom covers. Tony Szczudlo was the artist- I wound up buying them all from him and to some extent those are better looking in person than the Brom covers of the same era.

Well, Kalrex, why don't you share those with us?
It's work to upload images and BS... it needs to be easier-

I'll try and post some concept art he did though, that's accessible.