Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maps
I would not try to learn any thing from g300 boarders. They are already back to close to what LD has posted for new games forming. R2 gave me fits along with 976s not reporting regions of PCs found so I wasted many orders exploring R3 by mistake
I did scout for PC and unusual sightings every hex in region 3, and I must say region 3 is kind of boring.  No cities, 4 encounters of which one is a portal and one you need a key to get to.  The other 2 were minor artifacts.  I feel like the DW empire is kind of set up to just turtle up in the corner due to slow speed (troop movement and so few wizards).  I would like to be able to convert towns to cities, for I am willing to bet no one has a key population center as strong as the DW's in 300.
Rick provided the map details to me and the borders are not noted as shifting. I think they are fixed, but Rick can let us know.

Game 300 may be different. If someone wants me to do the same treatment for Game 300, please validate what the differences are.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(02-18-2015, 03:43 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The attached map has borders drawn for the regions. This is a version of the no-city map I made for Game 300. The other difference is that I put a mountain back at NN and a permanent unusual sighting marking MN where the Void is. They messed up when they drew the map, but NN really is a mountain so it needs to be there. I included the icon I use for the cities now.

You can just use this to reference the region borders, but it's also easy to replace your current map with it.

1. Copy this map.
2. On your current map, click on the back ground and delete it.
3. Paste this map in. You might have to move it around, but it will usually past exactly where your old map was.
4. Right click on the map and click 'Send to Back'.

Now you can see the region borders!

Nice.  It was our intent to make the borders clear after the initial period of the new map, so thanks for Lord Diamond going through the exercise.

I would recommend a version with the fixed city locations.  That will be the standard.
(02-18-2015, 11:14 PM)Ry Vor Wrote:
(02-18-2015, 03:43 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The attached map has borders drawn for the regions. This is a version of the no-city map I made for Game 300. The other difference is that I put a mountain back at NN and a permanent unusual sighting marking MN where the Void is. They messed up when they drew the map, but NN really is a mountain so it needs to be there. I included the icon I use for the cities now.

You can just use this to reference the region borders, but it's also easy to replace your current map with it.

1. Copy this map.
2. On your current map, click on the back ground and delete it.
3. Paste this map in. You might have to move it around, but it will usually past exactly where your old map was.
4. Right click on the map and click 'Send to Back'.

Now you can see the region borders!

Nice.  It was our intent to make the borders clear after the initial period of the new map, so thanks for Lord Diamond going through the exercise.

I would recommend a version with the fixed city locations.  That will be the standard.

I can do that. For my own personal use, I prefer icons for the cities since they are easier to update when I use color codes instead of those little arches. I will do the borders on a standard map and will note the actual location of the Fire of the Void. It is at MN. 

Any other requests since I will be neglecting my real job for a while anyway? Smile 
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Super helpful, thanks! Quick question, though... these are "general" borders and not fixed/rigid borders, yes? In other words, there is some slight give and variance on the edges from game-to-game?
Map updated to show the desert in R3.

Attached Files
.pptx   Alamaze Map.pptx (Size: 1.36 MB / Downloads: 20)
 Lord Diamond

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there a full key that goes with this? Would be helpful for new players. Maybe its somewhere and I'm just missing it. I am not sure about the meaning of a couple of your icons.

1) What are the 2 Eyes?
2) What are the blue 'US' and '7' US starbursts? Does this denote difficulty?
3) What are the 2 stars (under the Unknown city icon)
4) The heart icon?
5) The 'B L' icon?
6) Do the different arrows have set designations or are they just icons to which you can ascribe meaning for movements like 720 or 725
7) I get that the Yellow squares allow you to judge range but why are they set at 9 areas and 11 areas?

Sorry if this is dense.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde
(02-19-2015, 12:30 PM)HeadHoncho Wrote: Super helpful, thanks!  Quick question, though... these are "general" borders and not fixed/rigid borders, yes?  In other words, there is some slight give and variance on the edges from game-to-game?

Pretty sure the borders are actually fixed.
(08-08-2015, 02:01 PM)Drogo Wrote: Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there a full key that goes with this?  Would be helpful for new players.  Maybe its somewhere and I'm just missing it.  I am not sure about the meaning of a couple of your icons.

1)  What are the 2 Eyes?
2)  What are the blue 'US' and '7' US starbursts?  Does this denote difficulty?
3)  What are the 2 stars (under the Unknown city icon)
4)  The heart icon?
5)  The 'B  L' icon?
6)  Do the different arrows have set designations or are they just icons to which you can ascribe meaning for movements like 720 or 725
7)  I get that the Yellow squares allow you to judge range but why are they set at 9 areas and 11 areas?

Sorry if this is dense.

All that stuff is just custom for a particular game. 

1. The regular eye is for showing where my recon will be. The eye with the frame shows where I have a standing order to recon.
2. The gold US shows a normal sighting. The blue shows a portal (I would put the destination inside).
3. The starburst is for recording fleet levels. I also use them to show Sancuary locations. 
4. The heart shows where a Ward spell is going. 
5. The thing with 'BL' is what I use to show where my agent will be doing a 976 or 978. There woukd be four of them and BL is his initials. 
6. The different arrows show group and character movement.
7. One yellow square is actually 10 areas. I can't remember why I had the 9 and should have deleted it.

The borders are currently fixed. 
 Lord Diamond