Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maps
(02-14-2014, 02:22 PM)Rowey05 Wrote: Thanks, that helped, should pay more attention and read earlier posts.

Looking at the map, I'm guessing it's been created in Campaign Cartographer. If so, any chance of releasing the base CC file for those of us who have the software? In the process of drawing up my own in CC3 but thought I may be cheeky and try and save some time Wink.

No worries if not, I'll soldier on.

I made a CC map of Alamaze way back when. It was an early version, but I was proud of it. I wish I knew what happened to that file...
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Just noticed that the new map is not linked on the first entry of this thread - that should be added.
(01-05-2014, 11:32 AM)Hawk_ Wrote:
(01-05-2014, 11:06 AM)Tripwire Wrote: Is there a map around showing the exact borders of the regions? New and old?

The borders actually change slightly depending on what map file Cipher builds the game with. I will send you a general one.

Hawk, you have a document that shows the general region borders? I would love to see something like that.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde
(05-23-2014, 03:14 PM)Drogo Wrote:
(01-05-2014, 11:32 AM)Hawk_ Wrote:
(01-05-2014, 11:06 AM)Tripwire Wrote: Is there a map around showing the exact borders of the regions? New and old?

The borders actually change slightly depending on what map file Cipher builds the game with. I will send you a general one.

Hawk, you have a document that shows the general region borders? I would love to see something like that.

You can send me an email at Dbeitz@yahoo.com and I can send you the old classic map I had on excel. I don't have a version for the resurgent map.
(12-13-2013, 07:30 PM)Ry Vor Wrote: The area by area terrain grid for Alamaze Resurgent is attached.

NooB question.......Does anyone have the Powerpoint map which reconciles the differences between Cipher's original resurgent map and the corrected version incorporating Ry Vor's grid (deserts instead of Plains in DS and ES)? Also, is the Fire of the Void really in NN or is it in NO (this from another post on the site)? I've made a manually adjusted one to Ciphers rather beautiful original rendition but my adjustments are butt ugly. It would be nice to get one that was updated and beautiful so I can hang it on the wall in the war room. I would also see about getting a 1 meter by 1 meter laminated size but I guess I should wait for next cycle........
The attached map has borders drawn for the regions. This is a version of the no-city map I made for Game 300. The other difference is that I put a mountain back at NN and a permanent unusual sighting marking MN where the Void is. They messed up when they drew the map, but NN really is a mountain so it needs to be there. I included the icon I use for the cities now.

You can just use this to reference the region borders, but it's also easy to replace your current map with it.

1. Copy this map.
2. On your current map, click on the back ground and delete it.
3. Paste this map in. You might have to move it around, but it will usually past exactly where your old map was.
4. Right click on the map and click 'Send to Back'.

Now you can see the region borders!

Attached Files
.pptx   Resurgent with Borders and no cities.pptx (Size: 1.3 MB / Downloads: 44)
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

(02-18-2015, 03:43 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: The attached map has borders drawn for the regions. This is a version of the no-city map I made for Game 300. The other difference is that I put a mountain back at NN and a permanent unusual sighting marking MN where the Void is. They messed up when they drew the map, but NN really is a mountain so it needs to be there. I included the icon I use for the cities now.

You can just use this to reference the region borders, but it's also easy to replace your current map with it.

1. Copy this map.
2. On your current map, click on the back ground and delete it.
3. Paste this map in. You might have to move it around, but it will usually past exactly where your old map was.
4. Right click on the map and click 'Send to Back'.

Now you can see the region borders!

very helpful map!  Thank you!
Nifty! I was trying to figure out how a town at QR was in R6 and this explained it nicely.
-This Khal Drogo, it's said he has a hundred thousand men in his horde
A note the boarders shift just slightly from game to game. An example US can be actually in three different regions but most the time it is in R8. Used to be a spot I liked to look a lot as well before switching to our new random PCs
Since 300 is not a full game, talking Mountains boarders are a little different this game.  AQ to GQ have Region 3 pop centers.   HZ through KZ are not in region3 in this game.