Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Order Entry
(04-19-2013, 04:36 PM)bluefile2 Wrote: Im going to have my capital attack a GI army this turn. Please put in the orders for that.

Seriously, I'm not in game 103. If you need me to convert your orders to Excel and submit them, I will. Just don't wait until the last minute.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

thanks lord D. Im in Miami's classiest Red Roof Inn with some tolerable wifi. I'll try to d/l that program first, but if that fails Ill take you up on your offer.
(04-19-2013, 10:29 PM)bluefile2 Wrote: thanks lord D. Im in Miami's classiest Red Roof Inn with some tolerable wifi. I'll try to d/l that program first, but if that fails Ill take you up on your offer.
A little mood music for you. Seriously, I can't be in south Florida at night without listening to this on the car stereo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UmOY6ek_Y4
almost made me want to go outside.... but then the crushing heat/humidity combo has me back inside running 101 & 103 orders without the benefit of spreadsheets. Huge order pooch factor in the works Smile
Aw, cmon, even Miami's not hot in April.

Say hi to Michael Westen and Fiona if you see them.
A note for using the spreadsheet. The INGEST tab produces a single cell with the formatting required by the program to properly 'read' the orders to be entered. The cell on that tab should display your orders with a bunch of added spaces. If you see a "#REF" value in that cell on the INGEST tab, there has been an error in the formulas used to create the proper formatting. I have only seen this with sorting/adding/removing rows on the main tab. Please just type/paste in your orders and take a quick look at the INGEST tab to validate there is no error there.
Thanks,
C
Cipher,

is this a follow up from my gripe Smile
I haven't a clue what any of that means. Not a freaking clue.
(04-28-2013, 12:26 PM)DuPont Wrote: I haven't a clue what any of that means. Not a freaking clue.

He means that when using the order entry form, stop messing with the main tab by deleting rows and such. Just copy & paste your orders there, save it, and send it in.

We are working on a better way.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

Ah, okay. Not to worry - I have been doing just that.