Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The High Elves of the Golden Woods
Attached the dossier for the High Elves of the Golden Woods.

Attached Files
.pdf   The High Elves.pdf (Size: 304.29 KB / Downloads: 10,010)
looks good. An increased bonus in the woods!
I don't actually think the EL needs any boost. People may come at it because it's a 'corner' position and if you get the corner, there are less people who can attack you. The EL does need to do some diplomacy, but it's not a forgone conclusion that the TR or GI must attack - the GI in particular is easy to steer elsewhere and I actually think for the TR, it's better to go into 7 so you get summer production villages. Used properly, the EL is a political powerhouse - of course this means you need to put some early investment into raising the infulence. Getting on the HC is a plus to this - if you need to buy the TR (and even GI) off with a couple pop centers, as long as you get control, you are in a position to do this. But if the EL can survive the winter without facing a big invasion, he can be set up to really clobber somebody with all his emissaries.
I think the term "clobber" should be used with greater frequency.
-The Deliverer
Actually, my favorite verbiage is 'Bonk-bonk on the head'. Blame a really bad Star Trek episode for that. 'Clobber' probably comes from reading too many Peanuts strips as a boy.
The Elves in 119 got off to a solid start, leading status points on turn 12, building a well rounded kingdom going over 20 influence and getting a power 6 and several P4s before launching an attack in to region 6 and steamrolling through the Steppes (although it turns out the DA had dropped). A move into the Talking Mountains followed and victory was near, until the UN launched a successful attack and his own victory claim.

The EL is a well balanced kingdom, with a minimal need for starting diplomacy given the corner position. A strong ally for initial expansion beyond Oakendell should lock in the EL for at least a mid placed finish.
The Elves do seem underpowered. I would like to see their groups get more of a bonus in the forest. Perhaps something comparable to the DW tactic in the mountains.

I haven't played them yet, so I may be mistaken.
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I'd like to see the Underworld be able to recruit limitless Red Dragon brigades in the mountains. :-)
All this negative Elf talk make me want to play them. I am not a fan of the balanced kingdoms in general but see nothing wrong with the elf. Don't have an army go buy one. Your army needs next to nothing to maintain at first. Find a GI or TR or even RD that would like lots of villages for some protection. I think the TR or RD would be all over that and just them already being there in enough to keep the others out.
I think it us only T4 but yes same effect. Guess we know DuPont is not playing the EL well guess we know nobody is now Smile