Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alamaze Game 100
Since the signup thread is now locked I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to have a place to discuss game 100. Wether it is simpel excitement, talking smack, or questions. There's no reason not to get started now. Since, the most important part of the game is communication let the game begin.

I am playing the Ancient Ones and of course it is in everyone's best interest to submit to our enlightened rule. . . .

No takers? Well we will just have to take a little time to convince you. Angel

I look forward to seeing you all on the field of battle or in the streets of Alamaze fighting with words to convince the people of Alamaze to join our respective causes.

oh well, a tiger will likely win a fight, a lucky tiger will, uh, certainly do better.

I am playing the Demon Princes and I can assure you that we won't be submitting to the Ancient Ones. You'd better make your argument VERY convincing!
 Lord Diamond

Please do not take any of my comments as a personal insult or as a criticism of the game 'Alamaze', which I very much enjoy. Rather, I hope that my personal insight and unique perspective may, in some way, help make 'Alamaze' more fun, a more successful financial venture, or simply more sustainable as a long-term project. Anyone who reads this post should feel completely free to ignore, disregard, scorn, implement, improve, dispute, or otherwise comment upon its content.

I am the Underworld Ruler.

I have no designs on sitting upon an actual throne anywhere in Alamaze. Smile

The Ancient Ones got gold? I am a vassal.

The Demon Princes got gold? I am a vassal.

Anyone else got more gold than these two? I am a vassal.

Because I have clearly stated that I have no intention of sitting upon a throne, the other rulers can go about their plans of conquest and ignore me entirely. I am just going to count my gold and have no impact whatsoever otherwise - I am the Alamaze equivalent of Switzerland. Smile Peace, war, revenge, justice,... whatever. None of it is my concern. You got gold, you got my services - allegedly!
Lord Thanatos

Is this going to be an Individual game or the 5 "teams" game? Just for clarification.

From what I understand, the team victory condition is still in play (i.e. you and your two allies) can win team victory by controlling seven regions. Eso and secret victory conditions exist as well. Only thing not in play is Epic victory.

Oh, and I'm playing the ElvesSmile

On a seperate note: So close, but yet so far...game must start soon...need my alamaze fix...

All good things to those who waitSmile

(03-19-2013, 04:40 AM)wfrankenhoff Wrote: From what I understand, the team victory condition is still in play (i.e. you and your two allies) can win team victory by controlling seven regions. Eso and secret victory conditions exist as well. Only thing not in play is Epic victory.

Oh, and I'm playing the ElvesSmile

Interesing. I would have guessed that the nine region epic condition was in. When they were talking about the Epic Games I understood that to be the six on six epic second cycle game which was different formt the Second Cycle of Magic Game. But, it seems you are right. When looking at the new formatted setup documents there is no mention of the Epic victory. So that puts a new dynamic into the game. There is less incentive for the two good teams to work together, and the same goes for the evils. Do you think this benefits the neutrals? Since there is more likely to be infighting between the teams?

(03-18-2013, 10:35 PM)Lord Diamond Wrote: I am playing the Demon Princes and I can assure you that we won't be submitting to the Ancient Ones. You'd better make your argument VERY convincing!

I will make my case as convincing as possible.Dodgy

Interesing. I would have guessed that the nine region epic condition was in. When they were talking about the Epic Games I understood that to be the six on six epic second cycle game which was different formt the Second Cycle of Magic Game. But, it seems you are right. When looking at the new formatted setup documents there is no mention of the Epic victory. So that puts a new dynamic into the game. There is less incentive for the two good teams to work together, and the same goes for the evils. Do you think this benefits the neutrals? Since there is more likely to be infighting between the teams?

I'd say on balance it weakens the neutrals. Since there are no longer "good" and "evil" epic teams, there is less incentive to avoid angering the neutrals--they are just one team among five capable of winning the team victory condition. And I suspect team victories will be hard to come by in this scenario...most likely the winners will end up being determined by secret victory conditions.

The old Epic game--six nations versus six nations, all run by a single player on each side--was Cycle of Steel. That scenario will be reborn in a couple of months in the "Titan" variant. The new Epic games--starting in April--will be five players, each playing three nations.

I suspect the only game with "epic" victory conditions will be Titan.