Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Document Inventory and Revision
Having been away from the game for quite some time, I thought that it might be a good idea to undertake a review of various documents and charts that are relevant to the game, so that if any of them are in need of updating, we can get that taken care of.

Does Rick McDowell or Lord Diamond have a list that is current of what all game related documents that there are? Have any of them been updated recently? What format are the most current revisions of them in? What format is preferred that any updated versions be saved in? I suggest PDF format, and that the Pure Page format documents be phased out.
This was posted in July. Does anyone know where game documents -- rules, strategies, etc. -- can be found?
They can be found on the Alamaze website at http://www.alamaze.co, or here on this forum, under the Alamaze thread for Rules and Resources.

If you mean for Fall of Rome, they are, as they have been for seven years, on the http://www.fallofromegame.com website under the Community tab.
Thanks, I found them on the fallofromegame website. References that led me to the game linked to amamaze.com, and I do not find any links to fall of rome on that website. Cross-referencing might be helpful to people visiting for the first time or, if I just missed them (after three visits), the link might be more visible.

Where they have been for 7 years is pretty irrelevant to a new visitor. It reminds me of getting directions to the supermarket in a town we were visiting in Maine. "Turn left where the Dunkin Donuts used to be." :]
(10-30-2013, 01:50 PM)Tredlock Wrote: Thanks, I found them on the fallofromegame website. References that led me to the game linked to amamaze.com, and I do not find any links to fall of rome on that website. Cross-referencing might be helpful to people visiting for the first time or, if I just missed them (after three visits), the link might be more visible.

Where they have been for 7 years is pretty irrelevant to a new visitor. It reminds me of getting directions to the supermarket in a town we were visiting in Maine. "Turn left where the Dunkin Donuts used to be." :]

Used to love that Dunkin Donuts. Fall of Rome stuff still on the Fall of Rome site, Alamaze stuff on the Alamaze site. Yes, we should add links from one site to the other. Most people (according to traffic) still get to the forum from the Fall of Rome website. Its actually a good sign that some people now know Alamaze independent of Fall of Rome, but the point is still taken.