Nature
Follow This Easy Process To Get Started Playing Alamaze
Step #1 - Register for Forum Account      Step #2 - Create New Player Account      Step #3 - Sign In  (to issue turn orders and join games)
ATTENTION: After Creating Player Account and Signing In, select the GAME QUEUE link in the Order System screen to Create or Join games.
Alamaze Website                 Search Forum              Contact Support@Alamaze.net

Player Aids             Rulebook             Spellbook             Help Guides             Kingdom Set-Ups             Kingdom Abbreviations             Valhalla             Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New player
Greetings.  I started about a month ago but did not see this thread until recently.   I played a long time ago but never finished a game.  I really like the new short turnaround of 24 hours or less.  I also like the order entry since it finds most of my mistakes and let's me experiment with different orders.  Another thing I like is the random positions and pc locations.   It makes every game something new.  I have looked at other pbm games and none of the ones I found have all those elements.  I look forward to playing many games. 

I was asked what the story behind Lt Gisgo was.  I've always thought Hannibal was one of the best military leaders of all time but that user name is always taken.  Gisgo is not.  Gisgo was a commander in Hannibal's army.  When Gisgo pointed out the Romans outnumbered them two to one Hannibal pointed out that he missed something.   When Gisgo asked what he said in that large army not one of them is named Gisgo.  Anyway, that's the story.

(12-24-2021, 09:54 AM)Lt Gisgo Wrote: Greetings.  I started about a month ago but did not see this thread until recently.   I played a long time ago but never finished a game.  I really like the new short turnaround of 24 hours or less.  I also like the order entry since it finds most of my mistakes and let's me experiment with different orders.  Another thing I like is the random positions and pc locations.   It makes every game something new.  I have looked at other pbm games and none of the ones I found have all those elements.  I look forward to playing many games. 

I was asked what the story behind Lt Gisgo was.  I've always thought Hannibal was one of the best military leaders of all time but that user name is always taken.  Gisgo is not.  Gisgo was a commander in Hannibal's army.  When Gisgo pointed out the Romans outnumbered them two to one Hannibal pointed out that he missed something.   When Gisgo asked what he said in that large army not one of them is named Gisgo.  Anyway, that's the story.

Welcome Lt. Gisgo.   That's a fine story.
If you have questions or just want to compare notes feel free to email me directly.  I'll send my email address by  private message.

(12-24-2021, 12:01 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:
(12-24-2021, 09:54 AM)Lt Gisgo Wrote: Greetings.  I started about a month ago but did not see this thread until recently.   I played a long time ago but never finished a game.  I really like the new short turnaround of 24 hours or less.  I also like the order entry since it finds most of my mistakes and let's me experiment with different orders.  Another thing I like is the random positions and pc locations.   It makes every game something new.  I have looked at other pbm games and none of the ones I found have all those elements.  I look forward to playing many games. 

If you have questions or just want to compare notes feel free to email me directly.  I'll send my email address by  private message.

Don’t  fall for the “leave your capital unprotected on turn six advice” that Wookie gave me.

(12-24-2021, 03:12 PM)uncledarkside2 Wrote:
(12-24-2021, 12:01 PM)Wookie Panz Wrote:

Don’t  fall for the “leave your capital unprotected on turn six advice” that Wookie gave me.

It was a Christmas visit and I decorated your ?